Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

Greddy Turbo Timer and Remote lock failure

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2006, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greddy Turbo Timer and Remote lock failure

I just installed a Greddy Turbo Timer with the Greddy Harness on my 03 Evo. Install was a breeze, but now my remote locks do not work. The open door buzzer goes off even when the keys are not in the ignition nor are the lights are on with the driver door open. Has anyone else encountered this?
Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No one has had a similar problem? I have done some troubleshooting and here is what I have found. I removed the turbo timer and used the factory clip directly into the ignition as it came from Mitsu, and I still have the same problem. With the driver door open, it chimes as if the keys are in the ignition even though they are not. The remote door locks do not work. Everything else works fine, power locks work from the door switch, etc..

I have checked all the fuses, all good. All I can think of is that a wire was bumped loose in the original install. I did find a post with a verbal wiring outline:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...t=remote+locks

This lists there is a key sense connection, which rests at ground open when key is in and that a relay can be used to open. I have checked the blue wire connection, seems to be solid. All the relays appear to be good. Am I missing something. Anyone have an idea?