Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

...hope this is the right place to post

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2006, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking oil can...hope this is the right place to post

well...first I got a greddy catch can.....too big and I didnt want it to be visible.

so I sold it

I started searching here for some ideas...some of them I really like...but then again...to big for my taste and visible

well I went to Lowes the other day...and found something.
I do not know the name for this ugly thing, I found it in the wrong place to begin with
I looked at it .... well it is ugly but if I paint it..... hmmmm?
I think it will look like a factory part....reservoir or fuse box?, thats the look I want...stock
all I know about it is, that it is used for electrical connections?...behind walls or something I dont know but they come in many different sizes for just a few $$

so I bought everthing else to make it work...paint...vacuum hose...copper/brass?? fittings etc .... you all know whats involved in a catch can

and this is the result for now....well until I decide where to mount it...you can fit it almost anywhere now, more choices
Attached Thumbnails ...hope this is the right place to post-1.jpg   ...hope this is the right place to post-2.jpg   ...hope this is the right place to post-3.jpg   ...hope this is the right place to post-4.jpg   ...hope this is the right place to post-5.jpg  

Last edited by AWDTurbo4; Oct 7, 2006 at 08:50 PM.
Old Oct 7, 2006, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

more..
Attached Thumbnails ...hope this is the right place to post-6.jpg   ...hope this is the right place to post-7.jpg   ...hope this is the right place to post-8.jpg   ...hope this is the right place to post-9.jpg   ...hope this is the right place to post-10.jpg  

Old Oct 7, 2006, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Attached Thumbnails ...hope this is the right place to post-11.jpg   ...hope this is the right place to post-12.jpg   ...hope this is the right place to post-13.jpg   ...hope this is the right place to post-14.jpg  
Old Oct 13, 2006, 03:12 AM
Evolved Member

uhhhhh hmmmmm errrrrrrrr PVC does not react well to high temps. but props for the creativity. it will look like a stock piece if you can get a good mounting position for it. I just dont recommend PVC in high heat enviroments.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

left front right next to the filter
it doesnt even get hot at this point (6 days)
Old Oct 13, 2006, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

clever but pointless. Its a catch can, why not make it out of something less obscure...and less ugly to put in your engine bay for that matter.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

did you read?