Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

How do you reattach an 03 EVO mirror

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2009, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you reattach an 03 EVO mirror

A while back i went to adjust my rearview mirror, and it fell off. This is a strange setup IMO. It has a bolt that screws into the mirror arm, with a clip that kinda slides around the bolt head. The base that attaches to the w/s has channels on either side that the clip is supposed to slide into. See pictures below. Yeh, it had that little metal tab glued on below the factory mount when i bought the car. Apparently someone had this problem before. At first, i thought i was going to take the easy way out and just find a mirror to fit that tab, but some D.A. glued it on upside down. I've fought with this thing until just before i felt as if i were going to break something. Maybe Im just not "TUFF ENUFF" If anyone knows any magic tricks to getting this original mirror put back on, i would much appreciate it.
The way cops are around here, I know its just a matter of time before I get pulled over for driving while in a car that looks like it might can go fast and get some BS ticket for not having a mirror.
Attached Thumbnails How do you reattach an 03 EVO mirror-mirrorback.jpg   How do you reattach an 03 EVO mirror-mirrorbase.jpg   How do you reattach an 03 EVO mirror-mirrorclip.jpg