Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

How To: Tune a car?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2009, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How To: Tune a car?

This is probably a very newbish question and probably will be told Google or Use Search, lol however.... um its one of those common sense questions that I don't have that much sense for, not being very mechanically inclined:

http://www.modifiedcartrader.com/sea...emNumber=16145

I wanna buy this car, what is E85? and how would I re-tune it for the 829awhp? Course this is probably questions I should be asking the owner...
Old May 22, 2009, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

are you ready for a car of that stature?Your gonna have to take it somewhere and pay them to tune it.Your not guranteed gonna get that much hp because they say you can.
Old May 22, 2009, 04:53 PM

Yes I'm ready :P Pay to tune, ok easy. Just anywhere, or you got a good preference? Like would I be able to take it to HIN where they have a dynojet ( I think they tune for free, not sure really how that works ) ? And well they say 829awhp with C-16 gas as well... I don't know how much C-16 costs or where to get it either.

And is E85 a type of gas as well? or the type of tuning machine/thingy? (... well okay maybe not ready to understand it, but I'm ready to drive/handle it ha ha )

EDIT: This is my last question on this topic ^^ just FYI. But actually ignore the last. I'm going to Google E85

Last edited by DarkRider85; May 22, 2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old May 22, 2009, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Have you had a car of that caliber before? Power? You might want to start stock...
Old May 22, 2009, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

If you have to ask what E-85 is, you're not ready for that car. Hell, I've had my evo for a couple years and I'm nowhere near ready (or would want) a car that powerful
Old May 22, 2009, 07:24 PM
Former Sponsor

would someone just answer the man's question and suggest where to get the car tuned, and stop asking him if he is ready to buy it, its no ones business whether he is ready or not, just answer his freakin question, i wish i could answer it but atleast im not tellin the guy wat to do
Old May 22, 2009, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by baylorar
If you have to ask what E-85 is, you're not ready for that car. Hell, I've had my evo for a couple years and I'm nowhere near ready (or would want) a car that powerful
x2
Old May 22, 2009, 08:15 PM

Found a shop that the same person uses to tune, but... well dunno if there's one in TX, so I can probably just ask around. E85 = ethonal fuel... woulda also helped if I looked at the fuel type LISTED on the sales page... *rolls eyes* lol. And no I haven't handled a car like that before. The most I handled was a 07 mustang GT with like 360hp or something. But there's two reasons why I want one of this calibur:

1.) I don't keep cars often (bad habit of mine) so instead of getting one stock and wasting the money building it up, I can save money just getting one with a lotta power already. Then from there I will take my time in getting used to it before going to the racetrack so I don't kill myself :P The nos on it probably won't even be used if I get that car *shrugs* So if I tire of it within a couple years I could trade it in for something better or worse, whatever I desire at the time.

2.) Almost same as 1st - price. $10,000 (car) + $100,000 (upgrades) vs. $30,000 (car with upgrades) = same hp/tq +/- now I know those are the prices for the evo listed, just prices listed for an example. That way I could just worry on maint. gas and insurance, and of course the initial inspection, tag, tax, title, or whatever
Old May 26, 2009, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

where do you live? if you have that kinda cash,you probably have enough cash to have it tuned in another state.you should bring it to cali,and get it tuned at reese tuning.They are really talented and last time i was thre they were tuning a 1,000whp drag evo.let me know if you are interested,i can contact them for you and make arrangements.
Old May 26, 2009, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

haha to reese tuning go to Road Race and get tuned by scott gray he's been doing it the longest and is the best.
Old May 26, 2009, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That's a sweet car. I'm sure the guys at AMS who built the car would help re-tune it for E-85. But you need to make sure you can get E85 locally.

This car is stupid fast on pump gas. It will be absolutely unbelievable on E-85. The kind of power that gets people in trouble/wrecks in the blink of an eye if they don't know what they are doing.
Old May 26, 2009, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spdracr
haha to reese tuning go to Road Race and get tuned by scott gray he's been doing it the longest and is the best.

+1, and, im roughly 327awhp, roughly 100whp more than stock. And my car is nasty fast(been 327awhp for less than a week, so im not bored with it yet lol). i drove my buddies 440whp evo and almost crapped my pants... 800+whp is gonna be scary fast and i dont recommend it, until u understand how fast it really is
Old May 26, 2009, 06:36 PM

Heh thanks guys, but I don't have that kinda cash :P not yet anyways. Still in researching phase, and might go with that Evo 8 above... but not sure. Found a 03 evo 8 with same+ specs for only $27k ... well WHICHEVER decision I go with, I'll try to make sure I have that gas locally heh, but I'm guessing regular gas stations (Texico, Chevron, etc) wouldn't have E85 would they?

and, im roughly 327awhp, roughly 100whp more than stock. And my car is nasty fast(been 327awhp for less than a week, so im not bored with it yet lol). i drove my buddies 440whp evo and almost crapped my pants... 800+whp is gonna be scary fast and i dont recommend it, until u understand how fast it really is
Yeah I know what you mean, my buddy's evo 8, somewhere just shy of 500awhp, was a nasty beast. I wanted to buy it from him, but he already sold it..... ah well. I didn't get to drive it, like you got to :P but it was fun riding along none the less. Gives me a tingly feeling in my pants ^^ .......... lets just forget I typed that (even though I'm still typing and not hitting the backspace). But so far my mind looks pretty made up on getting an evo instead of a mustang... ya know what? I've been reading my other thread and I think... if I get the evo instead, Ima take good care of her. I'll keep her for MORE than a year :P and treat her as if she was my own child.

I dunno what ya'll mean by abusing, unless you're talking about taking her to the track and running her hard for times and maybe money down the road, but I don't go to the track but like 2-3 times a month (unless that's a lot?) but I take my VWs to the track and never had a problem. I keep them well maintained because.. well... I love cars :P heh anyways enough ranting.

If anyone knows of any gas stations or stores or something that sells E85 near Austin, Round Rock, Dallas, houston, Killeen, etc, lemme know
Old May 26, 2009, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spdracr
what do you mean haha?You think they are a joke?Funny because they are so laughable they got first place street awd at buttonwillow TA challenge.aRRE was where?? NO WHERE.Your one of those people that go to only one place and say its the best just because you go there.Because scot is good it means james/alan are not?
Old May 26, 2009, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Are u sure ur ready for 800 horsepower?? My opinion if u had to look up what e85 is Im not sure u need 800 hp yet... just my .02