Notices
Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you're looking for a how-to on something, ask in here.

clutch adjustment question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2009, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clutch adjustment question

Dumb question have not had alot of time to research but dont have alot of time at the moment either so trying to figure out. so any info i would aprreciate.
my car has been getting harder to shift (03 evo) has an exedy 4 puck stage 2 clutch had for 2 years but not my dd. long story short. i was sitting at a red light messing around and tried putting into third gear and it grinds like i didnt have the clutch in all the way?? so i figured i prob need to adjust right?? well i put the car on jack stands to make life easy to see if my clutch fully disengages when i put the clutch pedal in all the way.. the first time wheels moved a lil putting into first with clutch in all the way. but thats the only time it did. now when i push the clutch pedal all the way the tires dont move putting into gear but when i release the clutch about a 1/4 of an inch the clutch engages.. isnt this normal?? i changed tranny fluid last year.. sorry if miss spelled in a hurry.. thanks for any info..
Old Oct 9, 2009, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump