EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips-112/)
-   -   $5 o2 cheater/non fouler how-to (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips/215795-5-o2-cheater-non-fouler-how.html)

Hkysk8r07 Jun 24, 2006 10:10 PM

$5 o2 cheater/non fouler how-to

10 Attachment(s)
Available at your local automotive store. Spark Plug Non Fouler PN 42009 ($4.99)
Attachment 302922

Attachment 302923

https://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b...0o2cheat/3.jpg

https://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b...0o2cheat/4.jpg

You now need to drill out 1 of the non foulers using a 1/2" drill bit. When finished this is what it will look like.
Attachment 302924

Attachment 302925

Side by Side comparision of the orignal and now modified non foulers
Attachment 302926

Attachment 302927

o2 Sensor inserted in the modified non fouler
Attachment 302928

Second, unmodified non fouler now installed on modified non fouler
Attachment 302929

Original non fouler->Modified non fouler->o2 sensor
Attachment 302930

Fully installed
Attachment 302931

The idea behind it is when you remove the cat the 2nd o2 sensor is going to have too much crap reaching the sensor that isnt filtered out, which will make it think the cat has gone bad. What this does is it moves the o2 sensor further away so a limited amount of exhaust gets to the o2 sensor, it is a VERY little ammount that actually gets to the sensor but as long as it is considerably less than the primary o2 sensor then it wont cause a CEL.

from (http://www.k-series.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8833) pics rehosted by me incase the thread/pics disappear.

saw a few threads asking how to do it so i found it done w/ pics and decided to pass along the info :thumbup:

EvoIXMR Jun 24, 2006 11:30 PM

what part store did you buy it from?

kimletrim Jun 24, 2006 11:45 PM

Isn't there a How To on this already? But nice pics and writeup.

Hkysk8r07 Jun 25, 2006 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by EvoIXMR
what part store did you buy it from?

i didn't buy it... it's not my write-up if you read it completely you would know that. and it's any parts store. autozone, pep boys, napa, kragen, CPK, etc. etc. just go to the counter and ask for the "spark plug non-fouler" ;)

Originally Posted by kimletrim

didn't see one in here which is why i posted it. plus it shows the people with no idea what a tool is how to actually do it. : :)

EnJaNir Jun 25, 2006 05:31 PM

That is my write up I did a handful on years ago that I hosted on ephatch.com k-series.com i-vtec.net crsx.com and a handful of other Honda boards

I find it amazing how many forums my images/writeup has ended up on without any attempt to contact me before posting them.

Tainted Winter Jun 30, 2006 11:17 AM

you can get the at Autozone on the "Help" ilse. That is where I got mine and plan to install soon.

doublewide Jun 30, 2006 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by EnJaNir
That is my write up I did a handful on years ago that I hosted on ephatch.com k-series.com i-vtec.net crsx.com and a handful of other Honda boards

I find it amazing how many forums my images/writeup has ended up on without any attempt to contact me before posting them.

Well do i have your permission to use this method or do i need to go to one of the other boards; read the how-to then use it

EvoG8r Jun 30, 2006 03:21 PM

I've had this in my car for a few months and I have never had a check engine light for exhaust.
It works.

EVOpacoIX Jun 30, 2006 10:35 PM

just used it today on my IX..... we'll see....

mr96gsx408 Jun 30, 2006 10:40 PM

i did it and it works

Silk Jun 30, 2006 10:47 PM

What are the real use of spark plug anti foulers. Do you screw them into your cylinder head and then put your spark plug in :confused: What does it mean to "anti-foul"

EnJaNir Jul 1, 2006 09:10 AM

It tries to keep the charge away from the plug to prevent fouling or missing.

Tainted Winter Jul 1, 2006 05:06 PM

I followed these step exactly (well, based on some common sense and a 1/2 bit and a vice) and the conclution is...

I have now installed this quick fix and it worked! I went to get the codes pulled to erase them and I had 5, mosly from vacuum rerouting and emission. All gone and it didn't come back when I gave the ole lead foot. We shall see but this looks very promising...

BlackLancer2k2 Jul 26, 2006 10:31 PM

i will try this also...thanks!

DrivenToThrill Jul 28, 2006 07:08 PM

OK dunb question here.....does that say 16 mm or 18mm?

d-

Z_Lancer_Man Jul 28, 2006 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by kimletrim

You're right. There were actually 2 write ups on this already and I have both saved:

#1 With Pics: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=114931

#2 not as clear: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=99137

But nice write up. This now makes 3 threads on the same thing, so there shouldn't be anymore questions on this. ;)

DrivenToThrill Jul 29, 2006 07:04 PM

Ok i got mine to fit....one fouler was really tight......Had to manipulate alittle to fit it. Also it looks like there isn't any sensoring room when the o2 is in the non fouler, snug fit but no tightness......should I grind down more non fouler wall? Someone if anyone can help please.....

Dante`

EnJaNir Jul 29, 2006 07:55 PM

Just drill one out using a 1/5in bit and you will be fine

G-UNIT Aug 18, 2006 06:19 PM

yo this works on audis & vw's too.

brokenRS Aug 23, 2006 02:13 PM

Is it me, or its a pain in the ass to get the o2 sensor out.

AlexEvo Sep 28, 2006 01:09 AM

ive never done exhaust mods on an evo before so im not familiar with the system. correct me if im wrong but there are 2 o2 sensors on our cars and 1 is in the elbow shaped "o2 housing" that people speak of and the other is at the beginning of the "catback" portion? on my wrx a company called PDE makes a downpipe that has the mechanical o2 sensor CEL fix built into it in the form of a small tube welded onto the top of the downpipe where it meets the catback and it is sort of like this in that it has a small hole accessing exhaust gases so that there is enough of a reading to NOT throw a cel but not enough TO throw a cel. so i guess someone would have to make an extension like that on the catback for it to work. correct me if im wrong with any of this, trying to figure out the best route.

fromWRXtoEVO Sep 28, 2006 01:34 AM

Alex,

The WRX had actually 2 cats on the downpipe but yes like you said it was on the upper area. The Evo 8 and the Evo 9 had two different o2 sensors locations and the shape of the cats are also different.

The o2 housing has one of the o2 sensors. Depending on if you have a Evo 8 or a Evo 9 that would determine wre the secondary o2 sensor is located. On the Evo 9 the secondary o2 sensor is located right above the cat which has a flat cut on top of it.

On the Evo 8 the secondary o2 sensors is located ion the rear section of the cat -back.

Do a search on my name, I posted many pics in the past displaying the different locations of the o2 sensors on the Evo 8 and Evo 9.

Carlos

scoob2evo Oct 12, 2006 01:02 PM

I did this mod and followed it to the T....... I had to hammer my floorboard up so the foulers and the sensor could fit.... and it still comes on every now and then... any suggestions?

G-UNIT Oct 12, 2006 05:34 PM

i would check the code first & make sure it's from the o2.....

EVO9MRNJ Nov 3, 2006 05:27 PM

nice write up thanks

jmu12 Jan 9, 2007 03:28 AM

I did the same thing on my car, works like a charm, easy to do CEL FIX... Great Write Up

SilverEvo-05 Jan 13, 2007 03:50 PM

It has been over 2 weeks since I used this method and it is still working like a charm.

SICK9 Jan 19, 2007 01:08 AM

worked perfectly for me. great write up.
Although i almost stripped my 02 sensor threads in getting it out the first time.
Be careful not to force it out, when you take off stock cat.

And count how many turns it takes to get out, so you can twist the 02 sensor wire that many times before you replace it in new cat.
That way the wire isnt kinked and not have any pressure on the wire.

drilled hole and screwed 02 sensor in, installed on hi-flo cat.
works great, no codes for 4 months.
and I only used one anti-fouler worked fine.
GL

Sti THIS Jan 31, 2007 10:35 AM

the second spark plug fouler (non drilled) is not needed. I have only the drilled on my car and the check engine light has never came back on.

Bullet01 Feb 11, 2007 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by DrivenToThrill (Post 3343578)
OK dunb question here.....does that say 16 mm or 18mm?

d-

18mm

tran03 Mar 15, 2007 07:17 AM

Just wanted to say that I tried this on my 350z and it worked perfectly.

My EVO came with an expensive 02 simulator so I didn't have to worry but if my car didn't have it, I would of done this non fouler/cheater mod.

Tony

Wiznaz Mar 20, 2007 07:25 PM

Have any of you guys ran track days with this installed? I would like to know if a CEL is possible while hard driving

joon82 Apr 14, 2007 07:13 PM

where can I get the 90 degree bend? I'm keep getting rattle from bottom. I tried banging the body with hammer but still getting rattle at high speed.

Jakeg97 Apr 14, 2007 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Hkysk8r07 (Post 3343567)

didn't see one in here which is why i posted it. plus it shows the people with no idea what a tool is how to actually do it. : :)

i guess you didnt search that hard = https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=114931
;)

20lbsboost Apr 16, 2007 04:51 PM

hey guys, i did all of the steps in the how to and my CEL is still on. I read my codes and it is still my 02 sensor. Whats the problem?

AWDTurbo4 Apr 16, 2007 04:57 PM

did u disconnect the battery first?

also, try the longer ones, there are some threads around here with the part number on those.

I used 1 long and one short. {thumbup}

20lbsboost Apr 16, 2007 05:06 PM

well i forgot to disconnect the battery first but after i put together the two short non foulers and connected it to the 02 sensor i reset it. The CEL doesnt come on right after i turn the car on, its when i turn the car off and then on again is when it comes back on

AWDTurbo4 Apr 16, 2007 06:04 PM

try the longer ones then, part#42002

or 1 of each
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...rbo4/tube4.jpg

Gumpy Apr 25, 2007 12:22 PM

The two spark plug anti-foulers will not work with Buschur's exhaust. It hits the bottom of the car and you cannot rotate the cat-back without hitting the bumper with the muffler. Will just one anti-fouler work with no cat?

Grey Razor Apr 26, 2007 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO (Post 3514547)
Alex,

The WRX had actually 2 cats on the downpipe but yes like you said it was on the upper area. The Evo 8 and the Evo 9 had two different o2 sensors locations and the shape of the cats are also different.

The o2 housing has one of the o2 sensors. Depending on if you have a Evo 8 or a Evo 9 that would determine wre the secondary o2 sensor is located. On the Evo 9 the secondary o2 sensor is located right above the cat which has a flat cut on top of it.

On the Evo 8 the secondary o2 sensors is located ion the rear section of the cat -back.

Do a search on my name, I posted many pics in the past displaying the different locations of the o2 sensors on the Evo 8 and Evo 9.

Carlos

I have an Evo IX MR and I just bought an Espelir JGT500r catback and an Espelir downpipe. I am also going to install a test pipe. Since there is one o2 sensor in the o2 housing and another located right above the cat, what can I use to plug up the now redundant third bung that came with the catback itself?

hondafan Apr 26, 2007 08:44 PM

usually, any exhaust piece you buy that has a bung in it, also includes a plug for the bung in case you're not using it.

Gumpy Apr 28, 2007 02:41 PM

Because the 2 anti-foulers did not work with Buschur's exhaust. I took the one that the O2 sensor screwed into and braised a washer on it and made the hole even smaller to try to keep the gas that reaches the sensor to a minimum. I will let you guys know if this works for those of you who do not want to bang the crap out of the underbody to get the 2 anti-foulers to fit.

bsander23 May 25, 2007 03:17 PM

dang....just got mine in the mail from Gruppe-S....13$$$ and thought that was a good deal....oh well...

bsander23 May 25, 2007 05:48 PM

dang again, still got the check light, guess I need to do some tweaking..

AKgambler47 Jun 2, 2007 11:19 AM

Just did this 2 minutes ago on my ams tbe and then turned car on and no ses light, hopefully it stays this way. Thanks for the right up

mattevo9 Jun 30, 2007 11:04 AM

how long does that last w/o the CEL comming back on? b/c i tried that and it came back on in like 3 hours of driving.

reggiesd Jun 30, 2007 11:15 AM

i did this and for the 6 months i've been driving after doing this...the cel only went on once, prolly after around 5 months. i reset doing the battery trick and everything's good again.

tran03 Jul 2, 2007 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by mattevo9 (Post 4492395)
how long does that last w/o the CEL comming back on? b/c i tried that and it came back on in like 3 hours of driving.

Well, it's not supposed to come back on at all, it should be a permanent thing. Did you drill it too much where the O2 is too far in? Maybe experiment with two new foulers and don't drill it in as much as the one's before.

OR

The CEL is not related to the 02s? Do you have a scanner to log and see what the CEL is?

It's frustrating I know... :mad:

turb0z-MR Jul 3, 2007 05:53 AM

My issue is that the plug on my test pipe for my 02 is in a position where I can't fit two foulers so my CEL keeps coming back.

Another guy with an IX has only one fouler in place and he doesn't get a CEL but he's running a different tune... UGH!

occultworks Jul 15, 2007 01:03 PM

Alright! How the F do you get that damn o2 off there? I've tried about 5 gallons of wd-40 and a hammer, and still nothing...

ddillard424 Jul 18, 2007 05:57 PM

does any one know if the TTP test pipe has the O2 bung welded on it? i am getting it to replace my cat and i dont want to have to extend the o2 sensor to reach the back of my cat back....

this Anti-fouler worked for 2 years on my nissan with not one code ever thrown...

Viciouslord Jul 18, 2007 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by ddillard424 (Post 4552664)
does any one know if the TTP test pipe has the O2 bung welded on it? i am getting it to replace my cat and i dont want to have to extend the o2 sensor to reach the back of my cat back....

this Anti-fouler worked for 2 years on my nissan with not one code ever thrown...

it does.

CrackerJackToy Aug 7, 2007 06:23 PM

I did this mod today, using the same part # foulers... drilled with a 1/2 bit and all the autozone o2 sensors wouldnt fit. They were too big. The o2 sensor was actually 1/2"... are the secondary OEM o2 sensors in our cars 1/4" ?

98autogstspyder Aug 7, 2007 06:41 PM

I remember I was skeptical too. But if you follow the directions exactly it will work. I did it on mine and wall la.

Just out of curiosity I looked up an o2 sensor for the evo and they didnt have any. So I looked up one for a 98 eclipse gsx and tried to fit it into the non fouler after I drilled it and it did not fit. So the rear o2 sensor on the evos much be smaller.

CrackerJackToy Aug 7, 2007 06:44 PM

Ok, perfect. They were using 'universals' that were to big for my 1/2" drilled fouler. I figured that was what it was.

AWDTurbo4 Aug 7, 2007 11:05 PM

10 months (today).....no CEL

SICK9 Aug 8, 2007 12:36 AM

I have just one non-fouler on my IX and haven't thrown a code since day one.
And that was 10 months ago.

When i did mine they stripped the threads on my 02 sensor getting it out.
I thought I would have to get a new sensor, so i ran a tap/die over the threads and it screwed in perfectly to the
non-fouler and then non-fouler into HF cat perfectly.

I saved myself alot of $. phew..
Dealer wanted like 350$ for a new rear 02 sensor.. :eek:

Bonestock! Aug 9, 2007 02:45 AM

I performed this mod a while back. I cant remember what size bit I used to drill the anti-fouler out. My o2 sensor (the protruding part) fit a bit tighter than in the pics above. I have had ZERO CEL's including 4 laps of the Nürburgring and the drive from England to Germany. It works!

If you want a cleaner install get the electric CEL fix from Helix. They usually don't come with instructions though. Still easy to fit though. Two wires are the same color and you just slice them in-line (ground I believe) and then use a DMM to check which way to wire the resistor wires. You want to "cap" the voltage on the return side (to ECU). So the o2 side wire will have a higher voltage than the ECU side once the resistor is installed. Make sense?

just1nce Aug 20, 2007 11:46 PM

:confused: newb here my cel or ses came on and i went to autozone to find out the code it tells me that i have a bank 2 or cat sensor so i found this forum and tryed it out my evo keeps on dieing on me or it boggs like crap could anyone help me with this and plus should i dyno my evo even though its still stock all i gots under the hood is bov and aftermarket exhaust. thanks

Bonestock! Aug 21, 2007 05:13 AM

Swap the stock BPV back on.

AWDTurbo4 Aug 21, 2007 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by just1nce (Post 4662603)
:confused: newb here my cel or ses came on and i went to autozone to find out the code it tells me that i have a bank 2 or cat sensor so i found this forum and tryed it out my evo keeps on dieing on me or it boggs like crap could anyone help me with this and plus should i dyno my evo even though its still stock all i gots under the hood is bov and aftermarket exhaust. thanks

what brand is your bov? stay away from this sound > http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=MOV00002.flv

just1nce Aug 21, 2007 11:12 PM

when i bougth the evo it came with greddy turbo timer greddy bov and super flow intake cone but when i took it off the maf---like all evo the shape adaptor is suppose to be round this one i got is like an octagon or a hexigon adaptor do i need to buy another adaptor. well heres another question when im driving on the road my car sound like its super charge but when i push it or take my foot off the gas the whistle noise or the sound of a super charger goes away. do i have a air leak or need to readjust the bov.

evoballer Aug 23, 2007 08:02 PM

ok so i have a ix and i gutted the cat, and i did the fouler trick and right now im running 2 drilled out foulers and one that is not. Im still getting that dam light! i reset the ecu like 5 times 2 times with the battery cable and 3 times by pulling the fuses any ideas?

just1nce Aug 23, 2007 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by evoballer (Post 4673332)
ok so i have a ix and i gutted the cat, and i did the fouler trick and right now im running 2 drilled out foulers and one that is not. Im still getting that dam light! i reset the ecu like 5 times 2 times with the battery cable and 3 times by pulling the fuses any ideas?

yeah i have the same problem too but my sh#$ keeps bogging and dieing on me don't know why damn evo even though i love evos but when something breaks or goes wrong everyone's clueless including me.

Ride927 Aug 31, 2007 11:36 PM

works fine for me... careful taking out the o2 sensor... mine was a ***** and alllmossst stripped.

cangriracing Sep 25, 2007 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by SICK9 (Post 4621303)
I have just one non-fouler on my IX and haven't thrown a code since day one.
And that was 10 months ago.

When i did mine they stripped the threads on my 02 sensor getting it out.
I thought I would have to get a new sensor, so i ran a tap/die over the threads and it screwed in perfectly to the
non-fouler and then non-fouler into HF cat perfectly.

I saved myself alot of $. phew..
Dealer wanted like 350$ for a new rear 02 sensor.. :eek:

what is this tap/die your talking about?

hmsevo9mr Oct 25, 2007 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by ddillard424 (Post 4552664)

If it the Megan test pipe you bought it has the bung welded on it. When you bold it the bung goes toward the back pointing toward the passenger side. I made a mistake and bolted how the stock looked and the O2 didn't reach. Oh and the test pipe is great, Scott is a good vendor in here. {thumbup} {thumbup} {thumbup}

kstpeter33 Nov 16, 2007 07:04 PM

i just installed a megan dp and megan test pipe, and got the ses light...

my rear o2 sensor is on my catback's midpipe, so do i just move the sensor to the bung on the test pipe with two anti foulers and plug the hole on the midpipe?

or can i just put the two anti foulers where the o2 is now(midpipe)

Davethewave Jul 26, 2008 04:19 PM

i cant believe how easy this was, works like a charm. whoever came up with this is a freakin genius.

VajEvo Jul 31, 2008 12:05 PM

Do you need to reset your ECU also?
I seem to have problem with mine:(

mr.built block Oct 25, 2008 04:01 AM

will ths work with 3.5 inch exhaust or will it hit?

Murph Mar 18, 2009 05:57 PM

This works great with my 100 cell cat! Thank you who ever originally wrote and took the pics. Also thanks for posting it here.

Murph

krisdlm Apr 19, 2009 12:05 PM

im definetely doing this!! I ordered a cel eliminator from http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...engine_fix.htm
Wonder if the non fouler would be compatible? My test pipe didn't come w/ screws, what size did you guys use?

SOUTHSIDEITALIA Apr 22, 2009 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Davethewave (Post 5934751)
i cant believe how easy this was, works like a charm. whoever came up with this is a freakin genius.

Replaced a corroded UR test pipe with a Perrin, and this worked like a charm. Definitely use anti seize, because I bent the UR bung trying to get the old sensor out, which was shot. Do not use the crush washers that come with the anti fouler.

Replacement sensor from oxygensensors.com. So far so good!

Catback is Perrin, so used two of the shorty anti foulers, and fit perfect.

vint21 Sep 23, 2009 12:49 PM

You installed the perrin cat, or a test pipe?

klever Sep 29, 2009 11:18 PM

Did this last week on my test pipe install it worked!!!

killian322 Feb 18, 2011 12:05 PM

I just want to say thanks to whoever figured out the fix for the P0420 code, by using the spark-plug non-foulers, I put this on my car last weekend and so far have not gotten any codes.

_______ Feb 23, 2011 11:57 AM

Gonna post here to log how long it lasts. I put my test pipe on monday and threw a code that same day. Got this mod on today so we will see. Looks promising though!

Fox Fader Dec 4, 2011 08:30 PM

I have p0421. I'll try this and see if it works.

Fox Fader Jan 6, 2012 02:51 PM

There's no room for them on mine. My O2 is at/near the firewall, not down the pipe like others. I'm still trying to correct this.

Jimmer307 Jan 8, 2012 08:43 AM

I did mine over the summer when I get my new exhaust. 5k + miles and over 5 months later, and still no CEL. If you do it right, it will not come on. {thumbup}

Fox Fader Jan 28, 2012 05:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got in there to try it again, using a 7/8 line wrench and not a O2 socket, showed I had room. Got it all put in, hopefully it works.

From under the driver's side door.

Attachment 285129

Attachment 285130

Fox Fader Jan 30, 2012 07:14 PM

LOL. Now I'm getting p0137!

I cleared it so I'm hoping it won't come back or may just be not grounding properly with the non-foulers in place. We will soon see.

jjplaya209 Feb 8, 2012 08:29 PM

what about inspection?

This will help pass emissions without a cat, but what about passing inspection?

sujinX Feb 8, 2012 08:34 PM

depends on the type of inspection. most just look to see if u have a cat and the correct number of o2 sensors.

others actually have sniffers in the tail pipe and run ur car on the rollers at various speeds.
colorado's new emissions place :-(

Fox Fader Feb 9, 2012 07:44 AM

I just put in one fouler for giggles, now it's back to the original code.

NewEnglandRT Sep 6, 2012 06:55 PM

+1 for this tip. Bought parts Tuesday, installed Wednesday, passed inspection Thursday. So far so good!

SleepySamurai13 Oct 30, 2012 05:07 PM

Just did this and will update when I know what happens. Should work fine though, my buddy did this and has no problems. I added a little steel wool in the space inside the non foulers down by the lil hole to aid in a little filtration. :mitsu: {thumbup}

tbiggs Mar 8, 2013 04:31 PM

howdy, i have a 2005 4g94 tried to smog today and it failed due to not being odb2 ready. Seeing as i've had this code for a few years I just clear the code and go get it smogged. Never failed before but now theyre telling me the odb2 isnt ready.

So seeing as I have the 0421 will the foulers give me a decent shot at keeping the code off long enough to be ready and pass smog? My emissions are fine im just failing based on the odb2 part.

Already paid for smog twice and failed, hoping I can figure this out this third time.

SleepySamurai13 Mar 10, 2013 03:53 PM

Have had this mod on my EVO for 4 and a half months and no CEL!

tommyooooooh May 2, 2015 02:41 PM

Did this today. i drilled both non foulers out and installed. I wanna say my part number was 42009 at Oriellys and came with 2 washers. My check engine light went away and hasn't come back after a 120 mile drive.

1BADSS/SC May 21, 2015 08:43 AM

This "trick" is a waste of time and doesnt work. If ur looking for a fix tune it out.

e_kobz May 21, 2015 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by tommyooooooh (Post 11439307)
Did this today. i drilled both non foulers out and installed. I wanna say my part number was 42009 at Oriellys and came with 2 washers. My check engine light went away and hasn't come back after a 120 mile drive.

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC (Post 11449275)
This "trick" is a waste of time and doesnt work. If ur looking for a fix tune it out.

Thats interesting, it worked for me just fine. Worked on my buddies IX as well when I did it for him.

DesertDog57 Dec 27, 2018 01:35 PM

Does this work on EVO X? most the posts i have found are for older evos. About to do this fix on my 2013 gsr.