EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips-112/)
-   -   HOW TO: keep the clock from dimming when you turn the headlights on (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips/260781-how-keep-clock-dimming-when-you-turn-headlights.html)

trinydex Mar 26, 2007 06:09 PM

HOW TO: keep the clock from dimming when you turn the headlights on

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE author=tarmac4g63]yea all you have to do is bend back the LIG pin on the clock so when u put the connector back on it the pin doesnt go in the connector[/QUOTE]

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albu...areplugs-1.jpg

EVO 8 owner Jun 2, 2007 04:41 PM

do you know how to fix the clock because my clock does not work and my hazard lights dont work

EVO 8 owner Jun 2, 2007 04:43 PM

clock and hazard light do not work

how do you take apart the dash to get to the clock and hazard swtch

Dosagex Jun 8, 2007 08:42 AM

It's a pain in the ace.

NJ_EveOhVIII Jun 22, 2008 04:22 AM

so tha dash has to come apart just to do this??

QwikEVO Jun 22, 2008 05:51 PM

two screws in the speedo bezel. pull that off.

pull off your HVAC knobs. unscrew two screws that were behind the knobs.

unscrew two more screws above the hvac/radio surround. pull off surround.

pull off center dash piece that surrounds the clock.

undo clock/flasher switch connectors

pull out clock.

ixmrgg Sep 17, 2008 12:55 AM

nice set of instructions Qwik! :thumbup:

someone could make a nice VFAQ if some pics were made to go along with it...

92gsxbaltimore Sep 17, 2008 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by QwikSRT4 (Post 5803879)
two screws in the speedo bezel...

First of all, thanks for this method, it was very helpfull. I did however find two errors, or typos, and I clarified what you wrote to make it a tad more user friendly. The method should read like this:

1. Two screws in the top of the speedo bezel need to be removed, then pull that off.

2. Pull off your HVAC knobs, then unscrew the two screws that were behind the two side knobs. SLOWLY pry off the HVAC/radio surround.

3. Unscrew two screws that are behind the top of the HVAC/radio surround that you just removed.

4. Open and empty the glove box. On the inside drivers side of the glove box, there is a tab that has a knob on the outside of the box that functions as the catch to not allow the box to open too far and dump your stuff all over the floor. Slide the catch toward you and push the knob side in toward the inside of the box to remove it. Then, gently squeeze the RIGHT side of the box so that the small non-removable catch on the RIGHT side clears the stop on the underdash. the glove box will now swing all the way down and it can be pulled out.

5. Start at the drivers side of the center vent/clock/hazard button surround (this is the piece that is fake carbon fiber on the IX's), and begin to gently pry it off heading toward the passenger side. When you pry it off to the part where the vent/clock/hazard button hole is STOP. Now reach under up under the dash using the access that you just created by removing the glove box. Feel around until you find the push pins/clips from the surround that you are removing. Push on the back of them to loosten the surround from the dash itself. After you loostened it to just past the hole, you can continue to slowly pry off the rest of the surround from the topside, gently working your way down toward the passenger side.

6. Undo the clock/flasher switch connectors

7. Unscrew the screws that hold the clock, vents, and hazard button to the surround.

Again, thanks QwikSRT4. All credit goes to you, all I did was clarify it a bit.

DIDYSIS Sep 22, 2008 11:20 PM

I already had the radio out, Just did it before, Alright I am going to add a few words to this, Just did this right now at 11:15pm took me about 10 minutes, I have had the dash apart before just not this part so I am use to it, alright You DO NOT need to do anything with the glove box, Just undo the 2 screws above speedo, and the 2 by the clock, 4 screws in all, do start at the drives side works good, I would not start at the other for sure. You will see, Pull the full piece with clock attached away, undo the 2 electrical plugs, get out a screw driver and bend the second prong from the left and then plug the elec back in, Do a test and then put it all back, fast check to make sure all the white attaching brackets are setup right to make a clean reinstall. 4 screws out 4 screws in.

92gsxbaltimore Sep 23, 2008 05:38 AM

your right about the glove box, but I was a little worried about snappin the trim piece at the opening, so I decided it was worth the extra 2 mins to remove the glove box and push the clips through on that part from the back

BocaShula Oct 27, 2008 02:51 AM

Nice DIY!

QwikEVO Oct 27, 2008 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by 92gsxbaltimore (Post 6128312)
First of all, thanks for this method, it was very helpfull. I did however find two errors, or typos, and I clarified what you wrote to make it a tad more user friendly. The method should read like this:

1. Two screws in the top of the speedo bezel need to be removed, then pull that off.

2. Pull off your HVAC knobs, then unscrew the two screws that were behind the two side knobs. SLOWLY pry off the HVAC/radio surround.

3. Unscrew two screws that are behind the top of the HVAC/radio surround that you just removed.

4. Open and empty the glove box. On the inside drivers side of the glove box, there is a tab that has a knob on the outside of the box that functions as the catch to not allow the box to open too far and dump your stuff all over the floor. Slide the catch toward you and push the knob side in toward the inside of the box to remove it. Then, gently squeeze the RIGHT side of the box so that the small non-removable catch on the RIGHT side clears the stop on the underdash. the glove box will now swing all the way down and it can be pulled out.

5. Start at the drivers side of the center vent/clock/hazard button surround (this is the piece that is fake carbon fiber on the IX's), and begin to gently pry it off heading toward the passenger side. When you pry it off to the part where the vent/clock/hazard button hole is STOP. Now reach under up under the dash using the access that you just created by removing the glove box. Feel around until you find the push pins/clips from the surround that you are removing. Push on the back of them to loosten the surround from the dash itself. After you loostened it to just past the hole, you can continue to slowly pry off the rest of the surround from the topside, gently working your way down toward the passenger side.

6. Undo the clock/flasher switch connectors

7. Unscrew the screws that hold the clock, vents, and hazard button to the surround.

Again, thanks QwikSRT4. All credit goes to you, all I did was clarify it a bit.

I know the reply is a little late, but no prob. You did just that...clarification. :thumbup:

Pal215 Apr 12, 2009 01:13 AM

But does that LIG pin have any reason for it being there in the first place?

sikrsix Apr 12, 2009 01:21 AM

It dims your clock when you turn your lights on.

Oct post ftl!

ckwan1 May 28, 2009 09:18 AM

can this method be reverse??