Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How to: Windshield Spray Mist

Old Jul 8, 2007, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to: Windshield Spray Mist

Sick of the squirt-gun like jets the stock windshield sprayers make? Time to swap in ones that distribute the fluid evenly over the windshield.

I used the 2004 Galant nozzles as a replacement. Can't remember what I paid for them... should be round $12. Just call up the dealership and ask them for the parts.

So I started by reaching under the heat shielding like so

You'll want to remove the rubber lines from the clips holding them in place. Then disconnect the hose from the Y- connector in the middle:

Now move on to the nozzles. Just reach under, grab the sprayers with either a kung fu grip or needle nose pliers (i used pliers), and start wiggling them side to side to unclip the nozzle from the underside. (the clips are on the left and right side of the nozzles) Then you'll be able to pull the sucker out from the top.

Once you get both of them out, route the new ones in through the top and connect them to the Y connector. The passenger's side nozzle pointed away from the middle, so the line will need to be looped around to avoid pinching. Also, I found I didn't have enough of the rubber line provided with the new nozzles, so I just connected it to one of the old lines (which had a plastic connector), and cut the hoses to fit.

Many thanks to bruce988jl for the info. I just posted his findings with pix.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice write-up