Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

BOSCH Universal 02 Sensor Wiring

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2008, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
BOSCH Universal 02 Sensor Wiring

Ok, so I was RR'ing the Manifold and the 02 housing with the nice little setup I got off of ebay from XSPower. Pics to come. I could not remove the 02 Sensor from the stock housing, and so I went to the local autozone to find a replacment. THe stock direct fit is $412.00. I was like why so much?

A universal one supposedly will work, but the colors are off.

The colors on the stock DSM is Black, White, Black, Blue

The colors on the Universal are Black, White, Grey, White

Tried connecting the most logical ways, and all ways throw the check engine code. I shut it off, and restart, and that is when the Check Engine code is thrown. I think this is the way you check to see if you have it correct.

Reset the PC, and then swap the blacks...and/or the whites to see if I have a one color off senario. No love. An help please. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Solved. Found a color code for the universal on Bosch's site... Car is running good. Now to look ofr that ECFlash software and a cable....

Last edited by Raceghost; Dec 2, 2008 at 01:38 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

Just a follow on to this. I had the same thing happen to my EvoX, the secondary 02 sensor (in the cat) stripped when I was taking it out. An 18mm spark plug chaser from Autozone cleaned up the cat just fine, but the 02 sensor was hosed. A new one was $249 from www.mitsubishiparts.net, but the universal Bosch was $60 from autozone. I bought the universal and it fits fine. You have to cut the stock wires and use the splicing bits included in the kit.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...WLCpnsI5EmNg-A

We use a Type B sensor. Stock blue wires goes to Black on the universal, the pair of black wires go to the pair of white, and the white goes to grey. The splicing kit included is very clean, and weather proof, requires no soldering, and can be done under a car on jack stands. Just putting this out there, just in case anyone else runs into this.

Last edited by kitw; Jan 23, 2009 at 09:21 AM.