Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

HELP Vortex Generator

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pictures requested HELP Vortex Generator i need to order me one asap.

Sup everybody i had got two sets of Vortex Generator from ebay both have not sit perfectly. the fitment is off on the edges i had them problem with both of em. is this normal have anyone else had the same problems. Or is it because its from EBAY thats why its not the right fitment "CHEAP". i even tried stronger double sided tape i thought that would help but no luck. If someone who got one recently that fits good please tell me the link or the site so i could order me the right one this time. THANKS.

So i took couple of peoples word that help me out in the quick reply below and called up speed element.

Speed Element Vortex Generator/ BLOX Mini Antenna Combo!! $65 Shipped!!

So i took couple of peoples word that help me out in the quick reply below and called up speed element spoke to someone and asked em if there Vortex generator had a 100% fit with no gap on the edges by the moldings. the guy said he cant promise me that i wont have gap. It sucks So i have no clue where to get one that has a OEM fitment so im asking for pictures please whoever Got one installed and where you got it from. so i could order me one asap thanks again people

Last edited by FameEvo; Mar 24, 2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
you should stay away from ebay for a lot of the parts. on here they have reviews of everything people put on their cars. i bought this, perfect fitment, never had a problem with it lifting, i picked up outdoor heavy duty 3M double sided tape at office max/depot. the little amount you saved going with ebay, you already could have bought the right stuff the first time around.

-do it right the first time. cutting corners will cost u MORE down the road, although not always true in forza or racing...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...5-shipped.html
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Get the speed element one. I got mine from them about 2-3 months ago and fitment was spot on, only took me 10-15 min max to install. I used loctite double sided tape and it hold super strong.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got mine from rexpeed.I got color matched plastic,the fitment is spot on.Fits just like OEM.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got mine from BaysonR on ebay, and it fits great. There is a small gap between the roof and generator, but it's not even noticeable until you're really up close. I've had mine of for more than 6 months now.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sujinX
you should stay away from ebay for a lot of the parts. on here they have reviews of everything people put on their cars. i bought this, perfect fitment, never had a problem with it lifting, i picked up outdoor heavy duty 3M double sided tape at office max/depot. the little amount you saved going with ebay, you already could have bought the right stuff the first time around.

-do it right the first time. cutting corners will cost u MORE down the road, although not always true in forza or racing...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...5-shipped.html

Originally Posted by GgreyEVOIX
Get the speed element one. I got mine from them about 2-3 months ago and fitment was spot on, only took me 10-15 min max to install. I used loctite double sided tape and it hold super strong.

Originally Posted by 95gst16g
I got mine from rexpeed.I got color matched plastic,the fitment is spot on.Fits just like OEM.

Originally Posted by EvoTeyn
I got mine from BaysonR on ebay, and it fits great. There is a small gap between the roof and generator, but it's not even noticeable until you're really up close. I've had mine of for more than 6 months now.

Thanks for the help. ima order one on monday might go with the speed element since they have a combo package with the antenna.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

I also have a bayson r one from ebay and it fits great. Have had mine on for about a year, looks good.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:28 AM

I've bought the rexspeed one twice now, one for my previous lancer and just recently one for my GSR evo, it fits in spot on but the ends are a tad bit lift, despite of 3m I put on, I mean it's something you can't even notice unless you're having a point blank staring contest with it.
You're trying to make a hard piece of plastic flex a little out of it's comfort zone, perhaps if you do something like heat it up a little it may be able to flex enough where you can keep weight down on one side long enough for the 3m tape to keep it down afterwards.
My 2 cents.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DeFog
I've bought the rexspeed one twice now, one for my previous lancer and just recently one for my GSR evo, it fits in spot on but the ends are a tad bit lift, despite of 3m I put on, I mean it's something you can't even notice unless you're having a point blank staring contest with it.
You're trying to make a hard piece of plastic flex a little out of it's comfort zone, perhaps if you do something like heat it up a little it may be able to flex enough where you can keep weight down on one side long enough for the 3m tape to keep it down afterwards.
My 2 cents.
Yeah that's what exactly what I'm talking about just the sides are still lifted lil bit I want it to sit flush. I was thinking about using the heat maybe It could do the job.
Thanks tho buddy

Last edited by FameEvo; Mar 18, 2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have a rexspeed, definitely recommend them!! rexspeed is a great company
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Years ago there was a guy on here that sold them color match them for ya. Had it for years with no issues. One day recently at an undisclosed rate of speed it lifted and cracked in half.

I purchased and installed the Speed Element one and fitment is just fine also.

Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:29 PM

I know ebay isn't the best for a lot of things, but I bought a knock-off vortex generator about a year ago for 35 bucks shipped, and it fits fine on my 02 Lancer. I just took off the "3m" tape that was on it and put thicker 3m on, and have had no problems with it. Although I am considering the Rexpeed for the Evo.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 06:52 PM

use a heat gun and see if it will reform.
Old May 16, 2012, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DeFog
My 2 cents.
Originally Posted by rick1024
i have a rexspeed, definitely recommend them!! rexspeed is a great company

Any tips on installing the Rexspeed one? I just got it and can't seem to get the tabs underneath the black seal on the sides. I couldn't find any type of write ups on how to install these things.