Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Evo 8 Shark fin?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2017, 06:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Evo 8 Shark fin?

Hey guys,

just wondering for those out there that have an Evo VIII that didn't come with a fin and put one on which one did you find that actually fits?

I bought some cheap one from ebay, had a very hard time installing it, ended up coming off when I was on the high way and snapping my antenna base in half.

Would love to see some suggestions! Looking for a carbon fiber one!
Old Nov 25, 2017, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
look up rexpeed. their stuff usually fits well
The following users liked this post:
AustEvo (Nov 25, 2017)
Old Nov 25, 2017, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kada__85
look up rexpeed. their stuff usually fits well
Found one on lancershop for $250, might give it a shot once I replace my antenna base haha.

Thnaks!
Old Nov 27, 2017, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
I'd buy Rexpeed over lancer shop. they're just a middle man and don't do any QC. rexpeed will at least warranty their product if something goes terribly wrong
AustEvo (Nov 27, 2017)
Old Dec 5, 2017, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I agree with demon.. I’d go with rexpeed... they have great customer service and at least are a legit manufacturer. Be wary when you mount these things... you really have to mount them perfectly or else they will fly off.. also Make sure you give the adhesive at least 24-48 hours to cure in temps at least around or above 70 degrees(heated garage) I rushed installing my rexpeed cf vortex generator which didn’t fit flawlessly from the get-go. I used the supplied double sided tape and it ended up flying off on me. Broke my drip molding too. Next time I’m going to have to really take my time with that install and make sure tape is installed perfectly.... and or use a stronger adhesive that won’t damage my roof. The supplied tape from rexpeed is a black foam type double sided tape fairly thick (which is important for proper sealing)
I’m wondering if anybody knows if 3m or another company makes an adhesive that is just as thick that is stronger?) I tried 3m off the shelf best double sided tape they had and it wasn’t thick enough. Had to double stack the tape which I didn’t want to do.
AustEvo (Dec 5, 2017)
Old Dec 5, 2017, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I think the one on lancershop is rexspeed....

Save yourself 100 and buy directly from them

Rexspeed.com
Old Dec 5, 2017, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by iLLevo_
I agree with demon.. I’d go with rexpeed... they have great customer service and at least are a legit manufacturer. Be wary when you mount these things... you really have to mount them perfectly or else they will fly off.. also Make sure you give the adhesive at least 24-48 hours to cure in temps at least around or above 70 degrees(heated garage) I rushed installing my rexpeed cf vortex generator which didn’t fit flawlessly from the get-go. I used the supplied double sided tape and it ended up flying off on me. Broke my drip molding too. Next time I’m going to have to really take my time with that install and make sure tape is installed perfectly.... and or use a stronger adhesive that won’t damage my roof. The supplied tape from rexpeed is a black foam type double sided tape fairly thick (which is important for proper sealing)
I’m wondering if anybody knows if 3m or another company makes an adhesive that is just as thick that is stronger?) I tried 3m off the shelf best double sided tape they had and it wasn’t thick enough. Had to double stack the tape which I didn’t want to do.
Yeah, mine previously had a one on there, I think it was just an ebay one, it flew off, and ripped off and snapped my antenna base along with it.