Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Help with assembly

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 07:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help with assembly

Sorry for the long post but not sure how to explain it any shorter please take the time to read and give me any feed back thanks in advance.
Hello I recently purchased manley forged crank and Manley h beam rods for a 4g63t 7 bolt engine. I assembled the bottom end put crank in everything spun good not issues I added the rods and pistons and now in having issues with it being super hard to turn over with no head on the engine. I took #2 cap back off pushed piston up and without it connected it spins okay. Along with this is my #2 and #4 rod caps while on the crank have absolutely no side to side play I can put a 0.003 feller gauge in 1 side and not the other it dont move. #1 and #3 are perfect and within spec for play. The whole rotating assembly has already been balanced I'm using wiseco 85.5mm pistons. Have not plasti gauges rod bearings yet will after work.