Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

MR 9 OEM gauges

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MR 9 OEM gauges

Hey everyone. Can anyone tell me if it’s possible as seen in the pic to install a set of OEM MR gauges into my Evo 8 towards the bottom of the dash where I can keep my radio as is at the top and everything will fit perfectly. If so, what will I need and if you can provide the link. Thank you

Old May 21, 2020, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi. Sure, this possible. First - You have to buy plastic rack for gauges, gauges and oil temp sender, witch You have to install in to hole, where is oil plug at crankcase. Gauges - You can try to found it at eBay, temp sender - quite diificoult to found OEM it in Europe, as new.
Old May 21, 2020, 05:59 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Ive done the install on my RS. Gauges & housing came from Autometer

Old May 26, 2020, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
My car came with the MR OEM gauges installed in that location and they were honestly pretty useless. The boost gauge will be exceeded once you turn up your boost and in my case the oil gauge was dead 90% of the time. The only useful gauge was voltage but I can see that now using my Torque app so yeah, the gauges are pretty but that's about it.
Old May 27, 2020, 04:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fsae_alum
My car came with the MR OEM gauges installed in that location and they were honestly pretty useless. The boost gauge will be exceeded once you turn up your boost and in my case the oil gauge was dead 90% of the time. The only useful gauge was voltage but I can see that now using my Torque app so yeah, the gauges are pretty but that's about it.

Whats the exact torque app you’re using and OBD 2 sensor ? I see a bunch on eBay and online in general. I just obviously want a good reliable one! Attach a link if you can!