EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo How Tos / Installations (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-tos-installations-82/)
-   -   do luck carbon fiber trunk install! help asap! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-tos-installations/540171-do-luck-carbon-fiber-trunk-install-help-asap.html)

cutyourlossesx Feb 16, 2011 11:32 PM

do luck carbon fiber trunk install! help asap!

i know it may seem like a silly question to most of you, but i just recently bought a trunk off a member here and neither of us knew how to remove the locking mechnism that you stick your key into. can anyone help me out?

awdordie Feb 17, 2011 09:56 PM

It has a metal clip that slides into a groove on the locking mechanism. It looks almost like a u shape that bends up and has a 90 degree bend for u to grab and pull/slide it out once u slide this clip out u can simply remove the lever/ bar that turns the lock. It has a plastic piece that the bar sits in and clips tou simply push that and rotate it around to unsnap the bar from the lock. Then remove the lock. When u reinstall the trunk reverse the steps and make sure to note the position of the lock in its factory position. It has to go in the same way or it will not unlock nor will the bar fit right. My trunk also needed some minor work to keep the bar from binding which kept the trunk from opening and the lock from turning. A dremel to a couple places freed the bar up to move and rotate the lock smoothly. That clip that holds it in is a pain to get out the first couple of times but it shouldn be too difficult. Also if u remove the little rubber stopper on the lock side it provides a keyhole shape to look through to see what u are doing inside the trunk. Most people think its just a hole for the rubber piece but its also a peep hole to look through to re attach the bar and clip the plastic piece in.hope this helps.

analogEvo Mar 4, 2011 07:01 PM

How's the fitment

boostedwrx Mar 4, 2011 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by analogEvo (Post 9130404)
How's the fitment

Should be perfect, mine is. Just have someone on the inside of the trunk whille you lign it up outside.

Aspen One Mar 27, 2011 11:01 AM

{thumbup} on this its called a C clip found on most mechanism's

Originally Posted by awdordie (Post 9086282)
It has a metal clip that slides into a groove on the locking mechanism. It looks almost like a u shape that bends up and has a 90 degree bend for u to grab and pull/slide it out once u slide this clip out u can simply remove the lever/ bar that turns the lock. It has a plastic piece that the bar sits in and clips tou simply push that and rotate it around to unsnap the bar from the lock. Then remove the lock. When u reinstall the trunk reverse the steps and make sure to note the position of the lock in its factory position. It has to go in the same way or it will not unlock nor will the bar fit right. My trunk also needed some minor work to keep the bar from binding which kept the trunk from opening and the lock from turning. A dremel to a couple places freed the bar up to move and rotate the lock smoothly. That clip that holds it in is a pain to get out the first couple of times but it shouldn be too difficult. Also if u remove the little rubber stopper on the lock side it provides a keyhole shape to look through to see what u are doing inside the trunk. Most people think its just a hole for the rubber piece but its also a peep hole to look through to re attach the bar and clip the plastic piece in.hope this helps.