Notices
Evo How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

do luck carbon fiber trunk install! help asap!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do luck carbon fiber trunk install! help asap!

i know it may seem like a silly question to most of you, but i just recently bought a trunk off a member here and neither of us knew how to remove the locking mechnism that you stick your key into. can anyone help me out?
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It has a metal clip that slides into a groove on the locking mechanism. It looks almost like a u shape that bends up and has a 90 degree bend for u to grab and pull/slide it out once u slide this clip out u can simply remove the lever/ bar that turns the lock. It has a plastic piece that the bar sits in and clips tou simply push that and rotate it around to unsnap the bar from the lock. Then remove the lock. When u reinstall the trunk reverse the steps and make sure to note the position of the lock in its factory position. It has to go in the same way or it will not unlock nor will the bar fit right. My trunk also needed some minor work to keep the bar from binding which kept the trunk from opening and the lock from turning. A dremel to a couple places freed the bar up to move and rotate the lock smoothly. That clip that holds it in is a pain to get out the first couple of times but it shouldn be too difficult. Also if u remove the little rubber stopper on the lock side it provides a keyhole shape to look through to see what u are doing inside the trunk. Most people think its just a hole for the rubber piece but its also a peep hole to look through to re attach the bar and clip the plastic piece in.hope this helps.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

How's the fitment
Old Mar 4, 2011, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by analogEvo
How's the fitment
Should be perfect, mine is. Just have someone on the inside of the trunk whille you lign it up outside.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:01 AM

on this its called a C clip found on most mechanism's
Originally Posted by awdordie
It has a metal clip that slides into a groove on the locking mechanism. It looks almost like a u shape that bends up and has a 90 degree bend for u to grab and pull/slide it out once u slide this clip out u can simply remove the lever/ bar that turns the lock. It has a plastic piece that the bar sits in and clips tou simply push that and rotate it around to unsnap the bar from the lock. Then remove the lock. When u reinstall the trunk reverse the steps and make sure to note the position of the lock in its factory position. It has to go in the same way or it will not unlock nor will the bar fit right. My trunk also needed some minor work to keep the bar from binding which kept the trunk from opening and the lock from turning. A dremel to a couple places freed the bar up to move and rotate the lock smoothly. That clip that holds it in is a pain to get out the first couple of times but it shouldn be too difficult. Also if u remove the little rubber stopper on the lock side it provides a keyhole shape to look through to see what u are doing inside the trunk. Most people think its just a hole for the rubber piece but its also a peep hole to look through to re attach the bar and clip the plastic piece in.hope this helps.