Notices

L.E.D. parts for your car.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2007, 01:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sent Farmer the money for my brake light and license plate lights this afternoon. I will do a write up pics once my car comes out of hibernation early next month.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's better to use 3mm leds to make the words You can add more detail to them then

But is very nicely done !!!
Old Mar 22, 2007, 02:27 PM
Former Vendor

Common causes of Premature LED Failure

Changing or disconnecting the battery while the leds are switched on.

Charging the battery with an auxiliary battery charger, or revving the engine hard with a weak or dead battery while the leds are switched on.

Using jumper cables while the leds switched on.

Excessive AC voltage due to damaged diodes in the alternator.

High system or circuit voltage. Above 15 volts.

Voltage surges caused from switching on and off amplifiers or other peripheral add on devices that use a lot of power.

Faulty or out-of spec. voltage regulators.

Please read all directions before installing. Please leave me feedback as well.

3rd brake light install..

1. Unbolt your 3rd brake light, and unplug the light harness. White plug.

2.Slide it off the rear shelf.

3. Pull the grey housing out of the 3rd brake light, and remove the red lense, and pull the bulb and its housing out.

4. Take the new led plate and slide the wires through the hole.

5. Feed the wires through the gray housing, pushing the plate into the spot where the red lense was. Clip the outer housing back on the gray peice.. If your housing is warped you have a little bit of adj. just unclip the 2 back clips just enough to allow the led plate to move. Center it and clip it back together.

6. Cut the white plug off of the bulb holder. Be sure to leave enough wire to connect the butt connetors. When connecting the 2 green wires, hold the white plug in your hand with the clip facing down, and the wires facing away from you, the wire on the right is positive. Crimp the wires with the supplied connector’s.

7. Install the 3rd brake light back onto the rear shelf of the car.. push the wires through the original hole. Bolt the brake light back in place. Now plug it in and your done.

8... DO NOT look directly into the led bulbs.. They are bright…
Enjoy

Led plate light instructions.

1. Unscrew your 2 rear plate light housings.

2. Twist the bulb holder out of the housing. Then pull the bulb out. Lastly take the rubber O-ring’s off. You will not be reusing them.

3. Turn your lights on. Plug the new led pieces in to the plug where the bulb was. If they don’t lite, unplug them and turn the plug around.. They only work one way, unlike a bulb.

4. Now slide the shrink tubing up to where the O-ring was. It should cover the factory bulb holder and the new plastic plugs... Heat it up.

Now put the new pieces up where the old lights were... Use the factory screws and bolt the new pieces up.

6. Now take the whole factory metal bracket and bend it up or down to suit your needs on how you want the leds to shine on the license plate.. You will bend it very little, if any at all. Enjoy.

Front Dome/Map lights install.

1. Take a small wide screwdriver and carefully pull the clear plastic cover off..

2. Pull the bulbs out.

3. Turn all 3 of your lights on. Take one led peice and just plug it in.. If it doesnt lite turn the plug the other way. Leds are not like bulbs, they only work one way.

4. Once you figured out the way to plug it in, Take the covering off of the tape and push the new peices onto the clear lense.. You will see the led panels match the design on the clear lense.

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=IMG_0515.jpg

5. Repeat the above step for the other 2 peices. Put the clear plastic peice back in and your done. Enjoy

Center dome light, no sunroof cars.

1. Take a wide thin screwdriver and insert in the slot n the clear lense and carefully pry it off.

2. Plug the led strip in. It will only work one way. So if it doesnt light turn the plug 180 degree's.

3. Unplug it, pull the covering off of the double sided tape. Both sides. Otherwise youll see a red strip in the housing. Take your time as to not pull the tape off. I have to use this style cause there is absolutly nothing that sticks to these panels. Thats the reason for the zip ties.

4. Center the panel, and stick it to the clear lense.

5. Plug it back in and push the clear lense back onto the housing.

Trunk light install.

1. Unplug the trunk light. White plug. Leave the bulb and clear holder there if desired. you wont need them.

2. Feed the wires through the center hole under the rear window. Push the wires towards the wiper motor. Pull the wires through the left side of the bracket and plug them into the white plug.
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=IMG_0643.jpg

3. You may want the plug above the trunk rods.
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=IMG_0642.jpg

4. Take some rubbing alchohol and clean the metal. Dry it. Now peel the tape off of the backside of the led, center it left or right. Use the 3rd brake light as a judgement point. Dont go by my pics as a reference point where to stick it. It goes towards the wiper more. I have 2 leds there,a white and blue one, the pics only show one led. Enjoy.

Front fender turn signal leds.

This bulb is not like a light bulb, it must be plugged in one way. If you plug it in and it doesnt work, there is no worries, just unplug it and turn it 180 degrees and plug it back in.

If you ordered this bulb, it must be used as TURN SIGNAL ONLY!
If its used otherwise it will burn out. If you try to warrenty it I will know instantly when I see if it was used other than a turn signal bulb.
Warrenty will be denied. I have specific leds for different lighting applications.

Load resistor install for led rear turn signals.

Unscrew the small black screw and pull the rear panel behind the taillights outward.. you will then see the wire harness. The load resistor gets hooked up to the white wire with the blue tracer.. Just use some double sided tape to mount it the flat portion of the body..

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t=IMG_0513.jpg

Warrenty and Warning.

All of my leds have a purpose and function. Using my stuff for other purposes will void your warrenty. Im very specific in the uses of the products I sell. I have tortured these leds, burnt many up to simulate problems that may occur from user error. Meaning i know what happens if this stuff is used for other purposes than what I sold it to you for.

But if there is ever a problem with my products when used correctly I will go above and beyond to correct the issues. I offer a one year free replacement warrenty on all led products. If your not happy with my brightness i will buy the leds back from you. Im that certain of my leds and there brightnesses.

Here is where I am at. Farmer on *******.com, dafarmer69 on evolutionm.net, and my email is farmer69@comcast.net Any questions or comments feel free to ask.

Thank you.
Curt S.
Mr. Energy Leds.
www.*******.com screen name farmer.

Last edited by Curt@MrLed; Jan 10, 2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 02:29 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Blue-Bora
I think it's better to use 3mm leds to make the words You can add more detail to them then

But is very nicely done !!!

thanks.. i can do 3mm but they are a little to small, and dont have a wide beam pattern.. 5mm is the smallest i would go.. which can get 4-5 letters or numbers in there...
Old Mar 22, 2007, 02:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dafarmer69
thanks man, i even sent you a blow up sheep in the box...
YES! Just what i've never wanted. Hopefully its not one of your used ones!
Old Mar 22, 2007, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

^ROFL, thats some funny stuff.

heres a picture of his product installed on a Lancer, love it to death man, great job!

Old Mar 22, 2007, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dafarmer69
no am actually using six... my camera sucks... unless 2 feet away looking eyelevel with the plate, then its bright...
i dont really like how a lot of the light hits the floor. is there a way to reduce the amount of LEDs and angle them a little more?
Old Mar 22, 2007, 06:02 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by thisxguy
i dont really like how a lot of the light hits the floor. is there a way to reduce the amount of LEDs and angle them a little more?
yes i can limit the leds to 4, but i use 6 to evenly speard the light. also the factory bracket can be bent to angle the light where you want it...

go to the second page to see how 6 leds can be angled for less light on the plate..

Last edited by Curt@MrLed; Mar 22, 2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 06:06 PM
Former Vendor

thanks man... its nice to angle them so the light can just cover the plate..

legal, not the horrible yellow light, but angled just right to make it hard to see when running from someone..
Old Mar 22, 2007, 06:07 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
YES! Just what i've never wanted. Hopefully its not one of your used ones!
nope this one has my new latex inner love hole in it..
Old Mar 22, 2007, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Nice Job bro!! How much for just the blow up sheep? jk, you know these are on my list!
Old Mar 22, 2007, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Nice Job bro!! How much for just the blow up sheep? jk, you know these are on my list!
it depends do you want the jrod lube special, or smoked salmon flavored one..

let me know dear, if you come up with a different saying for the 3rd brake light let me know..

the one jrod ordered says BAAA... who"s your daaaaady, didnt fit...
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

If you could do this...

三菱 (Mitsubishi in it's correct form, in Japanese Kanji)

or this

ミツビシ (Mitsubishi spelled using the phonetic Japanese alphabet of Katakana)

Actually I would be VERY interested if you could do the bottom one with the 4 japanese letters. I think that would look bad-***! And it looks feasible.

please pm me with pricing and if you feel like giving me a picture of the LED layout I could show you how I would want them to be placed.

I would like it shipped to Toronto, Canada M2L 2C4

Last edited by Eggy; Mar 22, 2007 at 10:55 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Nice. However, you'd have to get the tails done too if you're doing the 3rd brake light. I hate seeing cars with Leds come on way before the other units...
Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
Nice. However, you'd have to get the tails done too if you're doing the 3rd brake light. I hate seeing cars with Leds come on way before the other units...
explain

Quick Reply: L.E.D. parts for your car.