Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Zaino Day

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2005, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino Day

Recently I Zaino'd my car for the first time. I purchased the show car package and spent the entire day on the process. The most difficult portion was claybar but in the end I think it was worth it. I was never one who was really into detailing until recently but I think now I'm a fan.

Unfortunately the weather was not sunny, I think the effects would be significantly more noticeable on a bright day. At a later time when I get all my summer mods in, I'll do another photo shoot and hopefully the Zaino results will show more.

Old May 5, 2005, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doooood... You miss a spot on the right rear fender.

Looks damn good. Was it worth it?
Old May 5, 2005, 11:28 PM
Evolving Member

that’s good stuff
Old May 5, 2005, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

no sun needed i can tell u drag ur finger across it yet? feels so awsome hehehe
Old May 5, 2005, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

where is zanio sold? is it only over the i-net?

looks awesome
Old May 5, 2005, 11:48 PM
Evolving Member

i think you can get it at advanced auto parts
Old May 6, 2005, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8HKS
i think you can get it at advanced auto parts
No....you can't.

www.zainobros.com
Old May 6, 2005, 04:42 AM
Evolved Member

nice pics, cant wait to see what it looks like in sunny weather
Old May 6, 2005, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the comments.

Yes, it feels so good dragging your finger across and feelling nothing but smoothness...LOL sounds dirty. But it's amazing how much excess dirt and debris claybar takes off the car.

Corey's right, you can't get Zaino at a retail store (at least to my knowledge). I bought it off of zainobros.com and followed the FAQ using the full show car package.

Here's the process I used:
1) Clean car with Dawn
2) Clean car with Z7
3) Use Z6 to wipe off any excess dust
4) Claybar with Z18
5) Clean car with Z7
6) Use Z6
7) Add coat of Z2 with ZFX Accelerator
8) Clean car with Z7
9) Use Z6
10) Add coat of Z5 with ZFX Accelerator
11) Clean car with Z7
12) Use Z6
13) Add coat of Z2 with ZFX Accelerator

A couple of days later I washed and added one more coat of Z2 for good measure.
Old May 6, 2005, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LilJapnBoy
You'll become addicted to that stuff. You will find yourselfs spraying the Z6 on your car cause it just smells so good. I'd drink it if I thought it wouldn't kill me.

I'm lucky....I have a buddy that stocks it in his basement and sells it. He doesn't make a penny off it. He just does it to save us moeny on shipping. Zaino will send him new products to try out and for him to give feedback to.
Old May 6, 2005, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LilJapnBoy
Thanks for the comments.

Yes, it feels so good dragging your finger across and feelling nothing but smoothness...LOL sounds dirty. But it's amazing how much excess dirt and debris claybar takes off the car.

Corey's right, you can't get Zaino at a retail store (at least to my knowledge). I bought it off of zainobros.com and followed the FAQ using the full show car package.

Here's the process I used:
1) Clean car with Dawn
2) Clean car with Z7
3) Use Z6 to wipe off any excess dust
4) Claybar with Z18
5) Clean car with Z7
6) Use Z6
7) Add coat of Z2 with ZFX Accelerator
8) Clean car with Z7
9) Use Z6
10) Add coat of Z5 with ZFX Accelerator
11) Clean car with Z7
12) Use Z6
13) Add coat of Z2 with ZFX Accelerator

I don't really wanna flame, but I've been a Zaino guy for a while and I can see you have ALOT of unnecessary steps and steps, some of which are out of order. Washing once with dawn is fine if you have wax, sealants, or oils/fillers from SMR's on the car. You do not have to wash with Z-7 after that...it's pointless as dawn is more concentraded and already did the job or getting everything off. Also, you don't have to use Z-6 after that; you can go straight to claybaring, using Z-6 as your lube. Afetr that, you can wash again with Z-7 to get all the lube and claybar reminents off the paint. Next, you should always start with Z-5. I have no idea why you went Z-2, Z-5, Z-2...it should always be a few coats of Z-5 first, especially if the paint hasn't received attention in a long while; after that, you can do a few coats of Z-2 Pro. Now here's where the real problem is....why did you wash the car after doing coats of Zaino? I don't think it took off the Zaino, but even though the polish cures fast with ZFx, IMO the polish still needs to be undisturbed after you do all your layers. I felt that, even in those low light conditions, you should have more shine to your paint in those pictures: now I know why. So, if you plan on doing a big Zaino project again anytime soon, I suggest this regimen instead:

Dawn (Only if you put wax on top of your Zaino...otherwise do Z-7 here)
Claybar
Z-7
2-3 Coats of Z-5 with Z-6/Z-8 in between
2-3 Coats of Z-2 with Z-6/Z-8 in between
Wax topper (No liquids like Meguiar's NXT or Mother's...only a good carnuba paste wax like P21S, Pinnacle Souveran (my favorite), FK1 Pink Wax, Trade Secret, Poorboy's Natty's, or Meguiar's #16)

With this, you'll have UNBEATABLE shine and protection; Zaino with seal the paint, and the combo of Zaino and wax will bring the asthetic qualities of both polish and wax together: polish's reflective, glassy look and wax's depth and darkening capabilities.

Otherwise, the car still looks great and nice job using Zaino...just fix your steps and save yourself time, product, and money while reaping the rewards of a more complete shine!
Old May 7, 2005, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

god dam! What happened to

1.wash car
2.dry car
3.wax car
4.done!

Old May 7, 2005, 12:55 AM
Evolved Member

If you guys aren't already using the Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal
spray I highly recommend it. I use the z-6 spray then the z-8 after washing the car and boy does it shine!

Mitchubishi has some great suggestions above. I personally do wash again (z7) after using dawn. I do this just to be sure that all dirt/bugs etc.. are gone. Using the spray after washing seems to be the key.. It will keep your car looking like it did the day you waxed it.. not to mention it helps protect your paint from rain spots etc..

Normally when I wax my car I claybar it.. this will take an entire day and somtimes I'm finishing up the next day.

Old May 7, 2005, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Derek888
god dam! What happened to

1.wash car
2.dry car
3.wax car
4.done!

EVOLUTION... 'nuff said
Old May 7, 2005, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justchil
If you guys aren't already using the Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal
spray I highly recommend it. I use the z-6 spray then the z-8 after washing the car and boy does it shine!

Mitchubishi has some great suggestions above. I personally do wash again (z7) after using dawn. I do this just to be sure that all dirt/bugs etc.. are gone. Using the spray after washing seems to be the key.. It will keep your car looking like it did the day you waxed it.. not to mention it helps protect your paint from rain spots etc..

Normally when I wax my car I claybar it.. this will take an entire day and somtimes I'm finishing up the next day.

Wow...that's quite a few bottles of Z-7 there! I can't wait until I can try out all my new detailing products for 2005 (especially the Zaino system with Z-8). I spent a $1000 dollars on completely new things this year; I detail on the weekends during the summer so I get back all of my money spent . But once it all comes, I'm going to take a cool little picture and scare you guys! I got $195 worth of Zaino products, lots of stuff from propercarcare.com (about $255), $150 worth of Pakshak.com stuff, $140 from exceldetail.com for propel pads + some more MF towels, $100 for a Porter Cable 7336, $110 for a new wetdry vac + accesories, and finally $50 for a few OTC things at Pepboys !