Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

EVO VIII--> VII Front Bumper- Parts Interchangeability?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2006, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO VIII--> VII Front Bumper- Parts Interchangeability?

Hi all,

I tried to do a search for this, and couldn't come up with anything.. For those who have done the OEM VII front end on your VIII, could you let me know if the bumper small parts (fasteners, clips, brackets for mesh, etc) are in any way reuseable from the VIII?

If not, where did you get these loose parts? I would imagine the fasteners are similar, but I just want to know what else might be necessary and where to get it.

Also, anyone know where I can get an OEM lower lip ONLY for the EVO VII?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ior&prodid=746
well here's a link to the bumper and hood, you need both to make it look right, but get ready to spend a pretty penny, i've thot about doing this but when i saw the price it made me think twice.

as far as connecting them, Im guessing they will slip right on, but im only guessing
Old Jul 4, 2006, 06:39 AM

alloyic_rs

Thanx for the advice.. I already have a VII hood and will be getting a VII bumper next week. However, the bumper is bare and has no mesh / grill / brackets and no lower lip. That's why I asked the previous questions.

I've already contacted Z1- they told me it's "buy it all together" for their VII bumper, which is completely understandable considering the difficulty in shipping from Japan- why would they bother selling just the small parts or just the lower lip, considering it doesn't fit any other model stateside?

So I am still searching for where to get VII bumper loose parts and lower lip at the moment. It would help to know what VIII parts actually work so I can cut down on the amount of loose parts I need to buy or source.. Lower lip I know is exclusive to the VII so I know I have to get that to complete things.

Anyone else, please feel free to jump in with other ideas. Thanx.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

get w/ KEN @ japanparts.com

He will get you whatever parts you need for it.He Always gets me the hard to find parts.
Granted you will need some part #'s and or a diagram of it just to give him an Idea.
He will go to Mitsu and get them for you.

Japanparts.com are the best @ that!
I had it worked out to get the whole conversion from a guy on here from Malayaisa but he hasn't gotten back to me on shipping costs but its like $1(US) to their $3(malayaisan Rigget) so the savings are awesome.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by MrFairlady
get w/ KEN @ japanparts.com

He will get you whatever parts you need for it.He Always gets me the hard to find parts.
Granted you will need some part #'s and or a diagram of it just to give him an Idea.
He will go to Mitsu and get them for you.

Japanparts.com are the best @ that!
I had it worked out to get the whole conversion from a guy on here from Malayaisa but he hasn't gotten back to me on shipping costs but its like $1(US) to their $3(malayaisan Rigget) so the savings are awesome.
Thanks for the tips.. I'll try that route and see what happens.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry for being a newb, but that front fascia they have pictured at Z-1 appears to have a different lower lip. Any idea if that is a factory option or if there is a more subtle option for a lower lip?
Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

from the website

"...Front bumper also shown with HKS Kansai Service Front Lip Spoiler (not included, but not longer in production). "