Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

35% tint on wicked white

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2006, 04:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ah this makes is so much harder haha
Old Nov 15, 2006, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
here is mine at 35% full sun

and then in the dark

It also matters what kind of film you use... i have 3m, it has a layer of reflective in it so the windows appear darker then they actually are. 35% looks good on the white because it looks darker, and with the 3m you cant really see in the car as it is

Last edited by bigric09; Nov 15, 2006 at 05:02 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just had the car done 50% all around (nothing on the windshield) and I can safely say that I would not have gone with anything else...

Although I wanted tint not for it's properties of "hiding" people that are inside the car, I really just wanted something that connected the windows together aesthetically - you can still see in the car both day and night, and you can also see VERY clearly out of the windows at night... Yet at the same time the car has more of an "exclusive" look to it.

Since our interiors are black, there is no reason to go with anything dark. I think dark tint on brand new cars looks very tacky.

The already present contrast on our Wicked White Evos of the *smoked* headlights/taillights and other features such as the CF part of the wing presents a pretty nice canvas to play around with... I bit the bullet and got 50% although nobody on the forums had it, and I love it!! 35% would have been too dark.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

^^^Do you have any pictures you can share...as I am also thinking of going with 50%

Thanks,

Eric
Old Nov 15, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

i say 3 % tint, in the Cayman Islands we roll nuttin less then 3 or 5 % tint....
Old Nov 15, 2006, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

thanks guys, ill be goign for 35%
im also not going for the "cant see **** through the window" look. Im just going for tint to give the car a nice cleaner look
Old Nov 15, 2006, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Alexander
I just had the car done 50% all around (nothing on the windshield) and I can safely say that I would not have gone with anything else...

Although I wanted tint not for it's properties of "hiding" people that are inside the car, I really just wanted something that connected the windows together aesthetically - you can still see in the car both day and night, and you can also see VERY clearly out of the windows at night... Yet at the same time the car has more of an "exclusive" look to it.

Since our interiors are black, there is no reason to go with anything dark. I think dark tint on brand new cars looks very tacky.

The already present contrast on our Wicked White Evos of the *smoked* headlights/taillights and other features such as the CF part of the wing presents a pretty nice canvas to play around with... I bit the bullet and got 50% although nobody on the forums had it, and I love it!! 35% would have been too dark.
pics?
Old Nov 15, 2006, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

hahah i dont run tint here in CA.....they dont allow you to tint the front door so it looks wierd.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 09:29 AM

i have 35% on my side windows and 18% on the front strip and the back window
it's platinum so it has a nice fade from bottom of car to top, on an white 03 Lancer oz rally
Old Nov 15, 2006, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

I have 35 all around on RR Evo. I got pulled over in NY and got a ticket for tinted window and it read I had 28% tint on his device. The car already has some tint so it will be darker than 35%.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

50% is nice, 35% is better, IMHO. I wouldnt do 20% or 5% - thats ghetto tint. Personally, I have 35% on my Evo tinted with Llumar film which is guaranteed for life. Click my for sale post below if you want to see pics...
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Alexander

Hey thats awesome man! Now can you send me the exhaust hangers I paid for please. Sorry to kill your thread but this guy has been avoiding me...
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by MR06Evo
Hey thats awesome man! Now can you send me the exhaust hangers I paid for please. Sorry to kill your thread but this guy has been avoiding me...
HAHA thats hilarious how you worded that....(i.e. ACT interested at first, and then get to the point)
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Lol yea the guys has been avoiding me to the max and im mostly likely going to have to get custom brackets made now. I really just want to send him back the exhaust and get a refund but I dont want to spend the money to ship it.

But back to the topic on hand I have 18% tint I believe and I like it very much not too dark or light...I think there like 2% too illegal though but cops dont usually give ppl crap about tints here. I will try to get a pic up when I get a chance.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

I had 12% on my RA and had no problems seeing in or out of the car but since that is not an option go wid 20%

Quick Reply: 35% tint on wicked white