Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

EVO full suede interior with dash trim inserts

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2008, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great! Hoping to do that to my X next year. I will be doing the dash as well though as I can not stand reflections, LOL. Congrats!
Old Aug 28, 2008, 09:46 AM

Looks more comfortable !!!
Old Aug 28, 2008, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Old Sep 8, 2008, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is some pics of my car exterior, together with my friend white MR and his girls 350Z. Check out my blog: http://jdm-factory.blogspot.com
Old Sep 8, 2008, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by alexlewand
Yup top dash piece on Evo doesn't look good cover with suede. 350Z from other side looks awesome with suede dash. I will be working on one probably next week so I'll post some pics.

The point of having a suede dash isn't to look good it's to keep glare off of the windshield will driving in bright conditions, which is why a lot of the Aston Martins and Lambo's have it.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

I wish someone in Illinois did this so I could get it done
Old Sep 8, 2008, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SWVADR!FT
The point of having a suede dash isn't to look good it's to keep glare off of the windshield will driving in bright conditions, which is why a lot of the Aston Martins and Lambo's have it.
No offense but on modern cars dash doesn't glare, like my 1964 Ford Cortina metal dash. Well I used to live in EU before, that was like my second car
All Lambo suede is for great finishing touch, nice stitching, beautiful material, Lambo is Lambo that is different story. Besides most very expensive cars have leather rather that suede finish.

If you use very fine suede on Evo, which has textured dash from factory, you can't have anything close to Lambo feel that's why I am against suede on EVO dashes. Dash has to have no texture to look perfect, not like EVO. Just my personal opinion.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 08:17 PM

looks awesome!
Old Sep 9, 2008, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Just like every other high end car that has the same thing its going to start to smell after some time goes by. And there is only so many times you can clean it before it starts to fade.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Very nice. For the headliner, did you simply glue the new fabric over the existing factory fabric, or, did you remove the factory fabric down to the layers that support the overall shape of the headliner?

I really dislike when people take the "unique whip" approach and simply put aftermarket fabric over their existing OEM fabric. First it makes it too thick, and too cheap looking. Reminds me of a simple seat cover, only more expensive and easier to ruin.

I am just wondering because i was thinking of doing my headliner, but i did not want to have it look like a cover up, i want it to look and appear OE, and still allow the exisiting panels to line up correctly without any part buldging or having a gap.

let me know
Old Sep 9, 2008, 01:00 PM
Account Disabled

thats so sick
Old Sep 9, 2008, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Talk about "pimp my evo"
Old Sep 9, 2008, 02:48 PM

awesome
Old Sep 9, 2008, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

I was thinking of this and what it would look like a few months ago. But was not sure if I could do it (need instructions) or what an upholsterer would charge.

You did a very nice job. So what would this sort of thing run material wise? Maybe you should a how to on this as well so that others could at least try it. If the instructions are good enough more people could do this.

Again that looks sweet, much better than the factory and no painted pieces (not really a painted interior fan).

Raist
Old Sep 10, 2008, 02:09 AM

I think it looks pretty good, and I left the same portion of my seatbelts unpainted as well...did you paint the oh **** handles or are they covered in suede? How did you go about doing the visors? It looks like you were able to iron(?) them together but you can still see the warning sticker outline underneath...overall looks good.

Quick Reply: EVO full suede interior with dash trim inserts