Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

3M Di-NOC Carbon Fiber Projects

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2010, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
3M Di-NOC Carbon Fiber Projects

I picked up some 3M Di-NOC Carbon Fiber fabric (more like a vinyl) from www.CarbonFabricSource.com so I thought I'd share my experience.

First, the guys at CarbonFabricSource.com were great to work with-- quick response, good customer service, and great pricing. I highly recommend them-- they're a vendor on here, I believe.

I chose the 3M Di-NOC because it's more like a vinyl and not literally fabric like the others. It has a peel-off adhesive backing which means I just peeled and started instead of spraying down adhesive, stretching the fabric, touching up with a glue gun, etc.

I'm starting with some small items to get the hang of the installation process, the first pieces being the turn signals in the rear bumper. I wanted to black them out but didn't trust myself with a spray and didn't want to spend $80 on them from an online vendor. Instead, the 3M Di-NOC ran me about $5 to black them out.

Pics of the progress:

Starting out:

Ready to apply:

Finished Product:

I have one more pic (a close-up of the finished product) but am having trouble uploading from my camera.

I'm extremely pleased with the results. The material was easy to work with and it looks awesome. It's textured so it reflects light just like real CF would, and, since it's vinyl, it's easy to manipulate, adjust, etc. I've been slow to post, but I've had this on for two weeks of rain, road salt, and car washes with zero signs of wear.

I also just did my front emblem so I'll post pics in this thread and maybe start another one. That's another $5 alternative to a $40 part.