Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Oem mr gauge package question

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2010, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oem mr gauge package question

what gaugeS can be run without cutting up mine. just looking to get a more accurate boost gauge then the stock one which i am almost positive is off.

-WHAT I HAVE!
-OEM mr gauge package thing... 100% stock i am looking to replace my boost gauge with another. however the oem gauges are very small.

Last edited by blkmkIII; May 31, 2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old May 31, 2010, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Why cut anything you already have the radio relocation kit and all you need to do is replace the gauges. I would look into the Gruppe-s panel that replaces the HVAC area and in the area with the radio it has a molded 3 gauge pod setup and you can choose either the 60mm or the 52mm. I have the 52mm with all AEM Gauges Boose,A/F and Oil Preasure and love it. The stock gauges just unplug in the back and I reused the Boost line on the AEM Gauge. But if you want to keep the setup then look at the VDO Gauges.
Old May 31, 2010, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

u really can put in any gauge some just read off of a selenoid which is wayyy more acurate IMO
Old May 31, 2010, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by toxic-evo
u really can put in any gauge some just read off of a selenoid which is wayyy more acurate IMO
VDO's fit and I think ETS Sells them.
Old May 31, 2010, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

looking to use a non electric boost gauge.
Old May 31, 2010, 08:48 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by blkmkIII
what gaugeS can be run without cutting up mine. just looking to get a more accurate boost gauge then the stock one which i am almost positive is off.

-WHAT I HAVE!
-OEM mr gauge package thing... 100% stock i am looking to replace my boost gauge with another.
What makes you think the gauge is off? FWIW, mine reads right in line with the MAP sensor.

Regardless of accuracy, it's very difficult to see peaks with the naked eye. Instead of spending a sum on another gauge, why not upgrade the MAP sensor to the JDM (same as EvoX) and log boost?
Old May 31, 2010, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

looking to use a non electric boost gauge.
All gauges have electricity to them but they dont have to be digital and the one pic of the gauges you showed are VDO's read at the bottom.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 03:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BEISSEN
All gauges have electricity to them but they dont have to be digital and the one pic of the gauges you showed are VDO's read at the bottom.
i was talking about an electric reading gauge. i am fully aware they are vdo.... what i dont know is if it will fit in the stock gauge pod... be the same size as stock xx.x mm
Old Jun 1, 2010, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

i was talking about an electric reading gauge. i am fully aware they are vdo.... what i dont know is if it will fit in the stock gauge pod... be the same size as stock xx.x mm
I think they will fit.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 05:09 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BEISSEN
I think they will fit.
IIRC, the stock gauges are 43-44mm and VDOs are 55mm. The OP could run a quick search for the exact numbers in the time it took to post the question.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:28 AM

I never could figure out why mitsu placed the gauges down so low. Might as well have put them in the glove compartment....or in the trunk even.

Anyways, I would look into the Gruppe-s panel. Looks way way cooler and the angle of view is much better.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:01 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by noob12
I never could figure out why mitsu placed the gauges down so low. Might as well have put them in the glove compartment....or in the trunk even.

Anyways, I would look into the Gruppe-s panel. Looks way way cooler and the angle of view is much better.
Many folks simply move the factory gauges to the upper DIN slot. Takes just a few minutes. The radio, too, re-located to the lower cubby works better ergonomically.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FJF
Many folks simply move the factory gauges to the upper DIN slot. Takes just a few minutes. The radio, too, re-located to the lower cubby works better ergonomically.

currently what i have. still no answers as to what gauges will work in the oem 43-44 holder.??????????? also what ones light up the same color as the oems.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i've never trusted my stock boost gauge either because it doesn't zero. when the car is turned off, it's slightly below zero. I would also like an answer to this guy's question because I just want to replace the stock gauges, in the stock location, with better gauges.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 03:52 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

The closest thing is an Omori 45mm gauge. The opening in the gauge panel has to be enlarged slightly for it to fit.

Quick Reply: Oem mr gauge package question