Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My 35R Build Semi-Complete

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2010, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 35R Build Semi-Complete

Well after a year of saving, selling, and buying I have finally completed my build. It's only on 28psi on one modded walbro fuel pump and on E85 but it hauls pretty good for where it's at at the moment. Ran my buddy in his Cobra the other night, which has previously gone 11.3 on slicks and by top of 4th I had about 5 cars on him.

My lip damaged when we were getting it on the trailer so I'm currently in the market for a Rexpeed lip. I also took the wing off the night we took these pictures and I don't think the wing will be going back on. I'm wanting a rexpeed lip for the trunk as well but that will probably come later.

The Evo9 is my brothers btw. It's just a stock turbo car with a couple of bolt ons but I'm sure it'll be fast one day : P

Anyway onto the pictures..

Old Jun 19, 2010, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sleeper...

Numbers?

Last edited by CJ2X; Jun 19, 2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

which 35r kit did you end up going with.. car looks clean bro
Old Jun 19, 2010, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Nice, stock or built motor?
Old Jun 19, 2010, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

nice pics
Old Jun 19, 2010, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

Looks good, why the 9 seats? I feel like the 8 seats grip a lot better than the leather 9's.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 07:19 PM

Man those cars look familiar....Are yall from around the Springfield area? If so, I hear there is a pretty bad *** talon running around on evo rims.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

wow looks so clean makes me wanna go wingless
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

What LED's you running for your reverse lamps? clean ride bro btw!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 12:37 AM
Evolving Member

Joemflxe - It's a built 2.0L long rod motor, 10:1cr.

REMIXX02 - Haven't put it on the dyno yet, but once it's finished I will definitely be taking a drive up to KC so I can see what kinda power I'm making. I ran a buddy of mine that has a white 2G GST and he made 570whp and I stayed right with him until I hit 5th gear then he blew past me lol. I really hate the 4th to 5th gearing in the Evos.. 4th needs to be a little longer.

i4me - yes, we're all from Springfield. Will's talon is a beast. So far, aside from my buddies 9sec Supra, no one has been able to beat him on the street. He made 692whp on only 29psi in his 1G AWD Talon. I've been trying to get a race setup between me and him next chance we get. I know he'll win but I'd love to see how I do.

srtboostin22 - I pieced the kit together. The turbo is a GT35R .82 hotside T3 Single scroll, AWD motorsports T3 manifold, Tial 44mm wastegate (which screams!), custom piping done by 417 motorsports.

SRToad - It's just the SSL leather package. It came like that from the factory. The Evo 9 seats have suede and vinyl inserts. I love the leather though.. When I bought the car the one thing keeping me from an Evo were the blue seats.. I hated them, looked like cheap honda interior to me but when I ran across the leather I fell in love lol. They're quite comfy as well.

1EVO2C - I'm not for sure where I bought them as I had to browse around quite a bit on google in order to find some that seemed legit. I know I used V-LEDs for the license plate lights. The reverse lights are the white LED and just like HIDs they have a kelvin reading that you don't want to go too high on otherwise they just look like purple lights. I think mine are 6000K White LEDs. They are pretty bright and have a light bluish tint to them in person.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

love the mani
Old Jun 20, 2010, 04:54 AM

Haha, I figured it was Will. I used to work with will when he lived here in Jonesboro and he is sorta the guy that got me into forced induction. I have plans on coming up to Springfield sooner or later to hang out with him maybe I will meet ya.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

Yah Will's a cool guy. SHoot me a PM if u make it up here. I havent really got to enjoy my car on the street as much as Id like yet because of work but hopefully over the next week or so Ill get a chance to run a couple of the other guys around here that I think would be decent runs. Then its time
for more mods lol.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whitepwr

SRToad - It's just the SSL leather package. It came like that from the factory. The Evo 9 seats have suede and vinyl inserts. I love the leather though.. When I bought the car the one thing keeping me from an Evo were the blue seats.. I hated them, looked like cheap honda interior to me but when I ran across the leather I fell in love lol. They're quite comfy as well.

I'm going to have to disagree with this. While aesthetically I love the look of my leather seats (big reason I went with the SSL) the cloth 8 seats are much more comfortable. The leather seats are hard and heat up like it's their job in the summer!!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by whitepwr
Yah Will's a cool guy. SHoot me a PM if u make it up here. I havent really got to enjoy my car on the street as much as Id like yet because of work but hopefully over the next week or so Ill get a chance to run a couple of the other guys around here that I think would be decent runs. Then its time
for more mods lol.
Oh hell yea man for sure. I will tell you though my car won't stand up to none of the guys from Springfield. Yall would kill me lmao! As soon as I get the big *** dent on the side of my car pulled and repainted I will be heading up there. Im actually trying to get rid of the thing for an evo which is why im on here.

Quick Reply: My 35R Build Semi-Complete