Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

VarrsToen made a CE28N replica..opinions?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2010, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chu
You're saying those items you'd rather spend money on don't have the same chances of failure?

just saying.....
Not to fight with you Chu but anything can fail for sure but rims dont make me faster. they can aid in my times for sure. They can make my car look better for sure. and if i run up on a curb and get some damage not like i can touch it up. ill have to spend another 800 or so to get another one. will not cost that much to fix anything in a built long block unless you completely destroy it but we are talking minor damage. you can replace a so called knock off rim usually for less then 300. The car ends up looking the same if i rock volks or rotas or theses. i get the same baller effect. you are paying a extra 1500 for the name. i take it maybe you wear only name brand clothes, shoes, buy only name brand electronics etc you only buy hunts products not hytop, you buy mountain dew not Doctor Thundar.. if you dont and make exceptions for those items its no different then with a cars exterior parts

now again you can buy what you want for sure you money im just making a point. I rather have two sets of rotas in differnet color that i can change to then one set of volks but i dont need that many rims lol
Old Jul 7, 2010, 03:10 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Available in 17" fitments? Weight?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Does the world really need another Volk replica? Maybe if it was forged, or brought something new to the table.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think 18" and mostly 19"
Old Jul 7, 2010, 06:42 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
Not to fight with you Chu but anything can fail for sure but rims dont make me faster. they can aid in my times for sure. They can make my car look better for sure. and if i run up on a curb and get some damage not like i can touch it up. ill have to spend another 800 or so to get another one. will not cost that much to fix anything in a built long block unless you completely destroy it but we are talking minor damage. you can replace a so called knock off rim usually for less then 300. The car ends up looking the same if i rock volks or rotas or theses. i get the same baller effect. you are paying a extra 1500 for the name. i take it maybe you wear only name brand clothes, shoes, buy only name brand electronics etc you only buy hunts products not hytop, you buy mountain dew not Doctor Thundar.. if you dont and make exceptions for those items its no different then with a cars exterior parts

now again you can buy what you want for sure you money im just making a point. I rather have two sets of rotas in differnet color that i can change to then one set of volks but i dont need that many rims lol
We're not fighting, I was just making a statement on your post.

Oh, I don't wear brand names clothes, and all that stuff you mentioned in your postpost. I do make compromises, but some things are not worth compromising, that's all I'm saying. Just look at your engine build for example...you have a fully built head, block, etc...about 20k in it with labor I'd say. But you have an Ebay 02 housing? I'm not knocking on how anyone should spend their money...I was just saying...just saying...

Last edited by chu; Jul 7, 2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chu
We're not fighting, I was just making a statement on your post.

Oh, I don't wear brand names clothes, and all that stuff you mentioned in your postpost. I do make compromises, but some things are not worth compromising, that's all I'm saying. Just look at your engine build for example...you have a fully built head, block, etc...about 20k in it with labor I'd say. But you have an Ebay 02 housing? I'm not knocking on how anyone should spend their money...I was just saying...just saying...
yes your right i got a ebay housing after i did research on other o2 housings. read and you too will find out. I DONT WANT A DUMP PERIOD so the ebay was the best of all the brands. now invidia made another o2 housing but i was not aware of that one when i purchased it. trust me all my parts have been research before i bought them. . if i ever get the itch and i want alittle more power ill buy the map o2 dump or shearers dump and then get it coated. Money was never the issue with me
Old Jul 7, 2010, 06:50 PM

to each his own.... I'd rock em
Old Jul 7, 2010, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CAD EVO
I think people are getting excited because they can actually afford the look now.
being a volk owner- i don't really see the need to buy volks.

I'll prolly buy rotas my next set of wheels.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by igo4bmx
being a volk owner- i don't really see the need to buy volks.

I'll prolly buy rotas my next set of wheels.
My comment kinda started a crap storm.

I wasn't putting anyones income down in anyway. I'm considering these rims simply cause I can afford them. Thats why I'm getting excited. I don't need to flaunt my income situation like some previous posters (not you bmx)
Old Jul 7, 2010, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BrendanS
DPTs are about $1000 for a set as well...so they're actually about the same. And these actually look a lot like the CE28s, may go with these rims in the future.
I guess it all depends on size/dimensions you go with...My 17x9's were $800 for the set. Maybe wheeldudes prices went up.... And as for dpt's looking any different than the wheels pictured I have no clue what you guys are looking at. IDENTICAL. Not saying ones better than the other. Obviously neither rota or these are forged so go for the cheaper set or in my case the name I see all over functioning without issues on street and track by big names. Ignore the rota internet hype......they dont melt or fall apart from heavy or spirited driving. In fact theyre wider,lighter,and much better looking than my factory BBS were and I made money off the BBS towards NEW sticky rubber.Tires now I will not skrimp on. My set of $660 tires were almost as much as the rotas I gotta side with rockman on this one. Name brand wheels dont impress me unless youre trying to make a mag or win a big dick/thicker wallet contest. If I ever spend a significant amount of money on "named brand" wheels, they WILL be CCWS biatches
Old Jul 7, 2010, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CAD EVO
My comment kinda started a crap storm.

I wasn't putting anyones income down in anyway. I'm considering these rims simply cause I can afford them. Thats why I'm getting excited. I don't need to flaunt my income situation like some previous posters (not you bmx)
seldom you find people here who flaunt there money who actually have a good income. I can tell you selling stuff here almost all the people have trouble buying stuff at my asking prices and i even got deposits for items so they can get their next paycheck.

now i am kinda cheap with cars- cuz it's not an investment. I put $67k down on my first home cuz it was important. I would be pretty pissed if i spent $3k of that on volks and had to get PMI
Old Jul 7, 2010, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ImJoey
I guess it all depends on size/dimensions you go with...My 17x9's were $800 for the set. Maybe wheeldudes prices went up.... And as for dpt's looking any different than the wheels pictured I have no clue what you guys are looking at. IDENTICAL. Not saying ones better than the other. Obviously neither rota or these are forged so go for the cheaper set or in my case the name I see all over functioning without issues on street and track by big names. Ignore the rota internet hype......they dont melt or fall apart from heavy or spirited driving. In fact theyre wider,lighter,and much better looking than my factory BBS were and I made money off the BBS towards NEW sticky rubber.Tires now I will not skrimp on. My set of $660 tires were almost as much as the rotas I gotta side with rockman on this one. Name brand wheels dont impress me unless youre trying to make a mag or win a big dick/thicker wallet contest. If I ever spend a significant amount of money on "named brand" wheels, they WILL be CCWS biatches
right right

Originally Posted by igo4bmx
seldom you find people here who flaunt there money who actually have a good income. I can tell you selling stuff here almost all the people have trouble buying stuff at my asking prices and i even got deposits for items so they can get their next paycheck.

now i am kinda cheap with cars- cuz it's not an investment. I put $67k down on my first home cuz it was important. I would be pretty pissed if i spent $3k of that on volks and had to get PMI
If i pay for it in 2 checks at least your getting paid what you want for it period.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

There is a thread about a real Volk CE cracking on the spoke so the whole you get what you pay for crap is pure BS.

I've owned Advans, Volks, Enkei's and soon CCW's but I've also had a ton of Rota's. Both sets of wheels have their merits. I wanted my car to look good but wanted go fast. Rota was the perfect compromise.

I get the whole Knock off parts cause the original parts maker to not want to bring their products to the US because they loose money but its a fact of free enterprise. If you make a product and its a expensive but popular someone will fill the void between people who like the product but dont want to spend the money by making something similar cheaper (For example I like Sony and Pioneer TV's but I bought my Vizio because side by side the Vizio looked just as good and was 1000 less). Sony isn't hurting and neither will Ray's Wheels.

The fact that a Volk can crack in a way I have yet to see a recent Rota indicates to me that for the most part if a wheel is made quality then it doesn't matter if its forged, cast or carved out of wood. At the end of the day most people want either a lighter wheel, a better look or most times both without spending an exorbitant amount of money.

I'm on my second set of Rota's but will be buying either some Wedsports or more likely CCW's next year. I like the look of the CCW and no one has made a knock off of it................yet. LOL
Old Jul 8, 2010, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Green Meanie last time i ask pm me. I have something that you want for sure
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:52 AM

Ive also seen this company make TE 37 replicas. They make fitments for the 350Z or RWD cars. They sell them on craigslist.org

Quick Reply: VarrsToen made a CE28N replica..opinions?