Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

See my EVO new mod!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2011, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my opinion is i dont like it and it reminds me of a civic with the other things you have done to it but its not my car and if thats what u like then im happy for you
Old Jan 6, 2011, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
the mirrors are ugly. the hood being popped up like that is a honda thing for when they do a motor swap some motors do not fit under the hood. its not for a EVO. it looks like crap.

the front bumper........ pretty sweet. i like it. unjew the other things and the car will look good.
Actually sometimes it is for that, but the useful part about propping your hood up like that is to let heat escape.. My friend has a turboed Single cam fully built with a 30r on it and has a high torque fan and bigger aluminum radiator and still seemed to over heat in the summer.. Propped the hood up a tad and she stays cooler..
Old Jan 6, 2011, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

^ Its not that uncommon in the RX-8 world either to allow heat to escape better.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 05:13 PM

takes a few looks to get use to it... but i think it came out good
Old Jan 6, 2011, 09:12 PM

I don't get the hood lifted up thing. One of my best friends used to do that with his ek hatch. Im not putting down the OP I just don't get it?
Old Jan 6, 2011, 09:27 PM

diiferent but sry not really feeling it
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BuBBasEVO
Actually sometimes it is for that, but the useful part about propping your hood up like that is to let heat escape.. My friend has a turboed Single cam fully built with a 30r on it and has a high torque fan and bigger aluminum radiator and still seemed to over heat in the summer.. Propped the hood up a tad and she stays cooler..
agreed
my single cam honda got so hot under the hood the paint was cracking off the hood
Old Jan 7, 2011, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

I kinda of like it. It would be cool if you could somehow make it carbon fiber.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BuBBasEVO
I figured that this is what it was for since I have been seeing it and knew about it for years with Hondas etc... As for someones comment about this being done because DOHC swaps dont fit, if someone tells you that I hope they arent working on your car because DOHC swaps fit just fine without having to prop the hood. they clearly dont know what they are doing otherwise.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
They did a good job painting it but honestly I'm not really digging it. It just breaks up the lines of the front end a little too much. makes it a little too busy looking.
As for the hood, you're not really getting any heat dissipation by doing that. The vent in our hoods makes a low pressure zone at the back of the engine bay and the heat will not escape out the back of the hood like you are expecting.
The mirrors.. Well, they make your car look like it has down syndrome. Or Shrek ears... Definitely not feeling it.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

I dont know about hondas but wouldnt the big hole in the evo hood allow the heat to escape without having to prop up the back? haha as for the bumper, I like the idea but I think Id like it more if the lip was skinnier in the area underneath it, or maybe a different lip all together.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
OP post your reason for the hood.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:56 AM

The area at the bottom of the windshield is a HIGH pressure area. Propping up the hood like that only forces are in the back of the engine bay and out the bottom. This probably adds more overall lift to the aerodynamics than cooling effect.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by evo unknown
+1 for creativity...

However, the painted bumper combined with those tiny mirrors and the misaligned hood is not my cup of tea.

+1 Not a fan. I do like the black roof though.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:07 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
To the OP. I dig the individuality... kinda reminds me of the big mazda smile on their newer cars though. Not a huge fan, but if you like it thats whats important!

Originally Posted by Biggie
The area at the bottom of the windshield is a HIGH pressure area. Propping up the hood like that only forces are in the back of the engine bay and out the bottom. This probably adds more overall lift to the aerodynamics than cooling effect.

It may (use that sparingly, I could see it working properly) add lift, but I've even seen quite a few DSM guys do it. Underhood temps go WAY down which is especially helpful if you have an intake without a snorkel or too high of temps. Not that big of a deal for drag racers even if it does add lift.

Quick Reply: See my EVO new mod!