Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Track Event today.. some really cool pics of my car!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Track Event today.. some really cool pics of my car!

hey everyone... Today was round 4 of Speed Ventures Time Attack @ Auto Club Speedway VERY fast track!! My best of the day was a 1:57... BUT, i did crash and hit a k-rail on the 3rd session but ill save you guys from THOSE pics lol

enjoy

Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like a blast for sure! Can't wait to get mine on the track!!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:10 AM

Looks fun man
Old Aug 15, 2011, 01:02 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear about your incident buddy... is it bad?
Also your bumper and splitter are bowing at high speed... maybe look at reinforcing it.. well unless that is out of the equation with the oops.
I hope you get it back together the car looks real good!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Nice pics man!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bchappy
Sorry to hear about your incident buddy... is it bad?
Also your bumper and splitter are bowing at high speed... maybe look at reinforcing it.. well unless that is out of the equation with the oops.
I hope you get it back together the car looks real good!
thanks! its not BAD, in a sense that everything that was damaged can be unbolted and replaced... the rear quarter panel didnt get damaged, thankfully! the passenger rear door is mangled, both passenger side wheels are bent (luckily i was using my rotas at the time and not my NTO3+Ms), bent a coilover, scracthed up my fender and sideskirt extension, and took a big chunk out of my side skirt... hurts, but could have been much worse with how hard i hit!

and the bumper is another story..lol... if you look at the first 2 pics, youll see it has the splitter/undertray, and theres no flexing/bowing (was doing about 130mph in those pics)... at the end of the first session, i hit some grass and ripped off the undertray... so the bumper was very flimsy after that.. but still held together suprisingly! its 100% fixable as well
Old Aug 15, 2011, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice looking action shots!

Sorry to hear about the off-track adventure

Were you there with a guy named Zhong in a GG IX?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 09:10 AM
Account Disabled

Car looks great man & nice pics! Sorry to hear about your accident, post some pics of the damage! Hopefully you can get the car fixed quick!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vipers
thanks! its not BAD, in a sense that everything that was damaged can be unbolted and replaced... the rear quarter panel didnt get damaged, thankfully! the passenger rear door is mangled, both passenger side wheels are bent (luckily i was using my rotas at the time and not my NTO3+Ms), bent a coilover, scracthed up my fender and sideskirt extension, and took a big chunk out of my side skirt... hurts, but could have been much worse with how hard i hit!

and the bumper is another story..lol... if you look at the first 2 pics, youll see it has the splitter/undertray, and theres no flexing/bowing (was doing about 130mph in those pics)... at the end of the first session, i hit some grass and ripped off the undertray... so the bumper was very flimsy after that.. but still held together suprisingly! its 100% fixable as well
Gotcha... I figured as there was a missing canard that there was something prior.
What suspension are you running? You bent the coilover as well?
I hope you get it back together man soon!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Awesome photos but sucks about the damage...
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

sweet pix and nice stance!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 01:00 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Jesse. No doubt you drive hard. Ran Fontana back in Feb & was not on a transponder but we estimated my lap time around 2:02 or so.

1:57 is really moving & as you know the track is super fast. Hit 5th 3 different times on track (Although 1 of the 5th's I could have done in 4th)

The track is unforgiving in some spots due to the K-rails. Glad youre Ok but the Viper needs some work

Not sure if you bumped into another EVO driver (GG Evo9 probably blue taped up front. "Anthony")

Nice shots & even the one w/ your Lady.

Peace, Joe (Will run Fontana this Nov =)
Old Aug 15, 2011, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The high speed shots look real cool...sorry about the crash, but good to hear no major damage.

BTW took the advice in your Blox motor mount review...mine just arrived today

Good luck with repairs...
Old Aug 15, 2011, 01:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
I see my car
Old Aug 15, 2011, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab
Car looks great man & nice pics! Sorry to hear about your accident, post some pics of the damage! Hopefully you can get the car fixed quick!
ill get some pics up soon and thanks

Originally Posted by bchappy
Gotcha... I figured as there was a missing canard that there was something prior.
What suspension are you running? You bent the coilover as well?
I hope you get it back together man soon!
i have JIC FLT-A2s... and im not 100% sure yet as to whats bent... but im assuming its the coilover, ill find out for sure tomorrow

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Jesse. No doubt you drive hard. Ran Fontana back in Feb & was not on a transponder but we estimated my lap time around 2:02 or so.

1:57 is really moving & as you know the track is super fast. Hit 5th 3 different times on track (Although 1 of the 5th's I could have done in 4th)

The track is unforgiving in some spots due to the K-rails. Glad youre Ok but the Viper needs some work

Not sure if you bumped into another EVO driver (GG Evo9 probably blue taped up front. "Anthony")

Nice shots & even the one w/ your Lady.

Peace, Joe (Will run Fontana this Nov =)
yeah, the 1:57 was on my first session, on stock evo 10 tires.. then switched to my r-comps, and they were horrible, just couldnt get them to grip..which aided in my crash.. and yeah, its a VERY fast track lol... but fun!

im pretty sure i know who your talking about, does he have an apr wing on his car as well?

Originally Posted by YogSaahoth
The high speed shots look real cool...sorry about the crash, but good to hear no major damage.

BTW took the advice in your Blox motor mount review...mine just arrived today

Good luck with repairs...
lol, you wont be disappointed with that mount! youll love the difference it makes! and thanks

Originally Posted by l888apex
I see my car
lol...good job out there yesterday! wish i would have just kept my street tires on, i KNOW i could have bested my 1:57 from session 1...lol... oh well, **** happens

Quick Reply: Track Event today.. some really cool pics of my car!