Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

voltex slim double over fenders install Q?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
voltex slim double over fenders install Q?

hi i search all over the web too see how much you have to cutt the original voltex fenders to get these slim over over fenders on,plus i saw that the voltex side skirts has to be cut right at the front to make the wheel gap , i only saw 2 guys here that did it back in 2010, i think there screennames was xenope and redwngs, he dint really show how he did it, so if anyone knows help please, lol
Attached Thumbnails voltex slim double over fenders install Q?-479.jpg  
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

i saw that he was using 45mm wheel spacers also.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

...yep quite a bit of trimming in the front especially at the vent area in the front voltex fender. Double over fender vent replaces fender vent.

I would take double over fender lay it on top of voltex fender locating the indentation at the fender below the vents and clamp it their and then in the front.

Then from behind the voltex fender start trimming slowly.

What tools? Something that will cut smoothly and not grab the material. In my my tool box i have a Snap On mini saw zall with an alum. cutting blade, for more detail work i would use a makita grinder with alum. cutting bit.

Sorry i don't loan out tools...but if your GF or wife is an S.I. swim suit model then i'd consider swapping tools
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoone
...yep quite a bit of trimming in the front especially at the vent area in the front voltex fender. Double over fender vent replaces fender vent.

I would take double over fender lay it on top of voltex fender locating the indentation at the fender below the vents and clamp it their and then in the front.

Then from behind the voltex fender start trimming slowly.

What tools? Something that will cut smoothly and not grab the material. In my my tool box i have a Snap On mini saw zall with an alum. cutting blade, for more detail work i would use a makita grinder with alum. cutting bit.

Sorry i don't loan out tools...but if your GF or wife is an S.I. swim suit model then i'd consider swapping tools
lols, if she was a swimsuit model i woudnt care about this car!
but yeah thats a good idea what you just said, layit on top while making a indentation with a marker,im in the process of cutting my own quater panel in a couple weeks soo i will see ..