Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Evo IX carpet

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Evo IX carpet

Guys, does standard Lancer carpet fit into Evo IX? Thanks! Anton
Old May 6, 2017, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
I'm actually curious also, my assumption is it could def be made to work as the chassis are the same as early Base Lancers, the Evo just has much more strengthening and and a million more welds IIRC over the base going by early release material I've read

So stands to reason the carpet will fit the interior well enough to where one would never know the difference. May not look the same but it should work. The one thing that comes to mind is do the early base lancers have the rear bump in the middle of the rear seat?

Also there are quite a few online company's I've found the make replacement molded carpets that are vehicle specific and you can get them in your option of color and materials. Never priced them though.
The following users liked this post:
KOOLER (May 19, 2017)
Old May 7, 2017, 03:24 AM
Evolving Member

I was told (with an arguments) std Lancer carpet won't fit...

Mind sharing your founds for custom ones?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
I'm actually curious also, my assumption is it could def be made to work as the chassis are the same as early Base Lancers, the Evo just has much more strengthening and and a million more welds IIRC over the base going by early release material I've read

So stands to reason the carpet will fit the interior well enough to where one would never know the difference. May not look the same but it should work. The one thing that comes to mind is do the early base lancers have the rear bump in the middle of the rear seat?

Also there are quite a few online company's I've found the make replacement molded carpets that are vehicle specific and you can get them in your option of color and materials. Never priced them though.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

OK, so I got used one from a junk evo with low miles (5,800!) for $50 with install.

Knock and they will open