Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Bore black vs matte black enkei

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bore black vs matte black enkei

Hello qck question. Does anyone know the difference between bore black wheels vs matte black? Im trying to buy a set of enkeis and the seller is saying its bore black. Is bore the same thing as matte? And do all enkei's use the same paint finish? Pics will be appreciated. Thanks
Old Oct 13, 2017, 07:47 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Seems like our EvOM vendors call it "bore matte black"

https://www.maperformance.com/produc...wheel-by-enkei
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the label had the size next to the color and the guy read it as 73mm bore black PR01 or something like that.

that said, i have had a very hard time matching wheels when i need 1. i usually end up getting the cheapest same style wheel i can and then having the entire set powder coated.

deja vu ...
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zedicus
the label had the size next to the color and the guy read it as 73mm bore black PR01 or something like that.

that said, i have had a very hard time matching wheels when i need 1. i usually end up getting the cheapest same style wheel i can and then having the entire set powder coated.

deja vu ...
So i am buying an enkei nto3 from a shop. They said it will be supplied to them. Do you think the nto3 black will have the same finish as they do on matte black rpf1s?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 01:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
even different batches of the same wheel are different enough in color to upset me. flat black is one of the easier colors to make look close enough, so you may get lucky.

ive repaired a buch of wheels over the years, or ended up with sets of 3 from random people. for me it has been easiest to get 1 more of the same style and then get the set powder coated. several times i have ordered 1 silver wheel, or 1 white wheel, and had the new one be a totally different 'white' from the old one even though it was same wheel from same company.

in order of percentage i would say black matte, then gloss,is mostly likely to look acceptable, then white matte and gloss, then silver. if it is colored or bronze do not even bother trying to match.