Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Replaced some interior stuff with Redlinegoods

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2018, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Replaced some interior stuff with Redlinegoods

Got some interior bits from Redlinegoods. Got a steering wheel cover(top and bottom is leather and the sides that have the thumbs grips is alcantara), Armrest cover with some extra padding, ebrake cover and shift boot. Got em all with jdm red stitching. Quality for the stuff is really good and everything feels great.

Installation is kinda a pain. The steering wheel if you've never done anything with sewing then you're going to spend a good 10 hours(I had to at least, had to go redo some work here and there. Also tightening the thread over and over and over and over to get it to be good and tight). If you can sew, then it'll be pretty easy.

The armrest itself come with this stretchy material around the base and if you wanted the armrests fitment to be tight, you will have to cut the stretchy base so you can staple it to the armrest. The extra padding make the armrest so much better, not look so thin and actually comfortable resting your arm on it.

The ebrake cover I got initially did not fight right at all. Had to go back and forth with redline to finally send me a new ebrake cover. Emailing back and forth for multiple days due to timezone difference is no fun. After getting the correct ebrake cover, it was easy to slip over and staple it.

The shift boot was a little pain as well. I had to do some modifications for it to fit right. There are these holes for where you attach the shift boot to the shifter trim where there are 4 pricky things you attach em to. 3 of the holes lines up, the other hole was off mark so I had to make my own hole on the shift boot. Also since the leather is more thick, it will be a very very very tight fit on the shifter trim area. I actually damaged the shifter trim where there are 4 little tabs that connecting to the center console. I had to get a new shifter trim because of that. Normally the shifter boot top goes outside and then in where it's zip tied to a rubber grommet or something. You could do that with the redline shift boot but it's so thick it'll actually make the shift boot very "squarey" at the top and be kinda thick at the corners which does not feel nice if your hands touch it(since its right at the base of the shift knob I did a lot). I ended up not folding the shift boot at the top because of it so it got rid of the thick squareyness.

Overall the installation is annoying more than anything else because its not really just slap it on and its good to go. Stuff had to be trimmed, poked holes through and readjusted many time to get it right. If it was just buy it, sew/staple em all on then it would've been a lot less annoying.

Overall, the quality is great and a lot better than oem. Glad I got it done and won't have to do anything like that ever again. Would consider replacing my alternator than getting everything installed again and that sucked @ss to do. The first time you do the steering wheel it won't be perfect if you've never done it before. But once you have its all the same it feels like.

I still need to replace my shift knob and ebrake because they're so worn but at least those will be super easy to replace compared to the other stuff .
Attached Thumbnails Replaced some interior stuff with Redlinegoods-20171114_155502_resized.jpg   Replaced some interior stuff with Redlinegoods-20180216_165158_resized_1.jpg   Replaced some interior stuff with Redlinegoods-20180220_081602_resized_1.jpg   Replaced some interior stuff with Redlinegoods-20180220_181529_resized.jpg   Replaced some interior stuff with Redlinegoods-20180220_181545_resized.jpg  

Replaced some interior stuff with Redlinegoods-20180220_181603_resized.jpg  
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:08 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks very clean, i wonder why they did not put leather on the side and alcantara on the top and bottom. I guess the alcantara on the sides help for racing but i wears out super fast.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
You can get the steering wheel however you like it, e.g leather all around, alcantara all around, color, mixing everything up and etc. I chose the alcantara on the sides since I autocross and also experimenting to see if it's something I would like to use in the future. It can def last a long time if taken care of which I do clean it a alot more than should.