EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine-86/)
-   -   Heatshield cleaned :) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine/60199-heatshield-cleaned.html)

vegasboy301 Jan 19, 2004 05:59 PM

Heatshield cleaned :)

1 Attachment(s)
well i used some mothers shine stuff and this brush, and in about two hours i came out with this {thumbup} tell me what u think

BEFORE:

vegasboy301 Jan 19, 2004 06:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
{devil}

AFTER:

vegasboy301 Jan 19, 2004 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another snazzy shot :apimp:

bobaab Jan 19, 2004 06:03 PM

oo shiny :D i didnt think the heatshield would ever look like that..

vegasboy301 Jan 19, 2004 06:22 PM

Originally posted by bobaab
oo shiny :D i didnt think the heatshield would ever look like that..
yup it can

sleet Jan 19, 2004 06:23 PM

Looks sexi!

limey Jan 19, 2004 06:40 PM

Will it rust badly now d'ya think?

vegasboy301 Jan 19, 2004 06:41 PM

i dont think so. i hope not

gonzo Jan 19, 2004 06:58 PM

Do mine!

evo81 Jan 19, 2004 07:01 PM

do mine also. :D

vegasboy301 Jan 19, 2004 07:42 PM

yeah, ok guys. $50 bucks a lick. lol. we will talk about it @ the next meet!!!

Quickshift Jan 19, 2004 07:43 PM

Nice work bro , looking sharp man. What did you use exactly to get that brilliance. Ive tryed some mothers wheel polisher which is pretty strong but doesnt work as well as yours did.

boomn29 Jan 19, 2004 07:43 PM

Very nice....Did you take it off, or just scrub while under the hood??

SinCityEvo Jan 19, 2004 08:53 PM

Ah, I guess you were motivated by seeing mine. Looks great Alex. Just keep polishing whenever you have time. Mine keeps getting more shiney. Also do that upper I.C. pipe. That comes out like a mirror also.

You have to remove it to make it easier. I used sandpaper made for metal. Also a wire brush. Mothers aluminum polish is the best for this job. I have tried others. Mothers has a fine grit in the polish to finely smooth the metal as it polishes.

Also, it will not rust, just will show water spots. I have to re-polish it to bring out the shine after washing the car. But I also have the louvered shield removed so you can see right down to the shield and red valve cover. Looks mean when standing in front of the car with that crappy hood vent removed.

vegasboy301 Jan 19, 2004 09:03 PM

Originally posted by boomn29
Very nice....Did you take it off, or just scrub while under the hood??
i took it out

Originally posted by SinCityEvo
Ah, I guess you were motivated by seeing mine. Looks great Alex. Just keep polishing whenever you have time. Mine keeps getting more shiney. Also do that upper I.C. pipe. That comes out like a mirror also.

You have to remove it to make it easier. I used sandpaper made for metal. Also a wire brush. Mothers aluminum polish is the best for this job. I have tried others. Mothers has a fine grit in the polish to finely smooth the metal as it polishes.

Also, it will not rust, just will show water spots. I have to re-polish it to bring out the shine after washing the car. But I also have the louvered shield removed so you can see right down to the shield and red valve cover. Looks mean when standing in front of the car with that crappy hood vent removed.

yeah mothers! dude you HAVE to come to the next meet :headbang: thursdays at 8:15p.m. at the in n out !!!!