Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Just installed Pirelli Pzero nero m+s

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2004, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just installed Pirelli Pzero nero m+s

I just got these tires installed yesterday and man, is it night and day difference. I guess I got use to the Advans that I'm scared to push these tires hard. It feels like I have no control over the car and the ride is just squishy. When I hit corners or even on the highway, it feels like a boat now. Luckily I didnt throw my used Advans away yet, it still has at least 5-10k miles left in them. I will return to Advans in the summer, hope these Pirelli's do ok in the snow. Overall, it's an ok tire and hopefully does well in the snow but I miss my Advans already. Glad I didn't get the Conti Extremes because the side walls were very soft compared to these Pirelli's.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

good choice, been riding mine for 20,000 miles and they still going strong
Old Oct 12, 2004, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They'll be great in the rain/snow. If the ground remains dry, inflate them a little more 1-2psi area, this will help reduce the softness of the sidewall...
Old Oct 12, 2004, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

I'm running 34psi on them right now. That seemed to help a little.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 05:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Remember they are still new. The tires will tighten up over time.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 05:25 AM

I ran them last winter and they worked just fine. Although we didn't get much snow. I think this winter will be the test. After last week of SCR fun, I think I'll be switching over sometime next week. Just need to get them on before Halloween. You know how that marks the start of the winter season here in Mile High City.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

These Pirellis performed admirably last winter. I never had wheelspin problem (unless I purposely induced it) and after 15k mileage, there's still plenty of tread left.

I also noticed a performance loss especially during extremely tight cornering, but I like the reduced road noise, and I think they're priced very competitively.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

I use them as a winter tire as well and have been very pleased with them. They do very well as an 'all-around' tire to get around town in.
Old Oct 13, 2004, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Last night was raining so hard, I can't believe how well these tires did in the rain. Car had complete controll and never hydroplaned. Not bad for an all season tire. The real test will be in the snow. When it snows, I will update.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Yea it rained bad last night here as well...car was great in the rain...to the point where I was splashing up for at least 20 feet on an offramp and I never lost traction. I still love these tires for what I paid for them.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 07:41 AM

Just installed these last week. Definitely softer and quieter. But the tire wiggle on grated/ diamond cut roads is weird. Also turn response is much slower. I wasn't expecting such a change in handling. I might try to add a few psi to see if that makes a difference. I can already tell they grip really well in a straight line. I guess overall, it's what i was kinda expecting from a all-season tire. Hopefully they last a few years.
Probably have to buy another set of tires and rims for the summer though.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GREDDY
I'm running 34psi on them right now. That seemed to help a little.

Wow. That's low compared to what I run mine at. I was running mine at that psi when I first got them and it felt loose on the road. I raised the psi to 41/43f and it tightened up a lot. The max psi on the tire is 50psi.

I drove these tires on Blue Ridge Parkway and they have really nice grip when they heat up a lot. Nothing compared to the advans though. You should also get some better gas mileage w/ them too
Old Nov 9, 2004, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eazyevo
Wow. That's low compared to what I run mine at. I was running mine at that psi when I first got them and it felt loose on the road. I raised the psi to 41/43f and it tightened up a lot. The max psi on the tire is 50psi.

I drove these tires on Blue Ridge Parkway and they have really nice grip when they heat up a lot. Nothing compared to the advans though. You should also get some better gas mileage w/ them too
I, too, have the PZero Neros and ride up the Parkway. I don't know about these tires, but I made the mistake of leaving my Advans at about the pressures you quoted for the drive home and ran into OVERSTEER CITY. The way these things squish and squirm, getting into an oversteer situation might be dicey. Have you had any problems at those pressures?

I've got mine at 40/37 and they seem to be fairly neutral (although squirmy).

Did I mention they feel squirmy?

EDIT: I just realized that I misread your post; I always think of the pressures Front/Rear and missed your "f" after the 43; with the higher pressure in the front, it should't oversteer. My bad.

But if you WANT oversteer at the autocross, reverse the pressure differential and have a blast!

Last edited by rburris28; Nov 9, 2004 at 07:13 PM.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Looks like i take weather in hawaii- no snow - for granted, LOL good luck w/ all season tires.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 07:35 AM
os2
Evolving Member

Have 3k miles on Pirelli M&S and love them. They are teaching me how to drive right.
First impression was OMG I can't crontrol the car, but it turned out I was just having improper driving habits relying completely on an Advans grip rather than caring about weight load distribition, smooth steering input etc...
I used to use gas pedal a lot for "torque steering" in corners, but now tend to drive the EVO more like an S2k, working more with a steering wheel.

Quick Reply: Just installed Pirelli Pzero nero m+s