Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Bump Rubbers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2009, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump Rubbers

Is anyone using "bump rubbers" on their adjustable shocks? I've been told they are good for improving turn-in and transitioning. Anyone have experience with them? I am setting up my Evo with larger sway bars and 500lb springs up front and 700lb rear...
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:12 AM

the rubber bumps do not improve handling. they just help protect the shocks from bottoming out.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 09:08 PM

I was told bump rubbers are different than those that help prevent the shock from bottoming out:
Bump Rubbers and Packers
• All listed manufacturer brands of bump rubbers
• Packers sold individually and in a kit that comes with 4 of each size (2mm-10mm) on an aluminum shaft. Packers come in 22mm and 5/8” shaft sizes
What would the packer be for if the bump rubber was simply to help prevent the shock from bottoming out?
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:36 PM

not sure, do you have any pics of said item? the only other thing i can think of are the little rubber things that tein sells to help prevent spring slap.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
They are not something I would use on a serious track set-up, or any set-up for that matter. They can help turn-in, but will spike your front spring rate under heavy cornering, resulting in understeer.

Very difficult to get "right" and even then may not help ultimate grip or control.

In my opinion.

- Andrew
Old Nov 16, 2009, 05:53 PM

Darkunit - will see if the mfg will let me post pics - they don't have pics on their website

Gtworx - thanks for your insight, given the higher spring rate I'm going with up front, sounds like bump rubbers will be more of a headache - I plan to compete in T2 this upcoming season