Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

would you drive on these tires?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2009, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No way dont use it. Its ashame what some people do for money selling s*** that is s***
Old Feb 11, 2009, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just dont understand why people are like that

here is the thread
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...enis-615s.html

also claims almost full tread but they are more like 60-70% at most. which i can deal with cause i know they are used. But a giant gouge is a whole different deal
Old Feb 11, 2009, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

I think it sucks that he didnt mention it, in fact he makes it sound like the tires are near new condition, but the tire damage is visible in the for sale thread pictures (2nd pic).

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; Feb 11, 2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX
I think it sucks that he didnt mention it, in fact he makes it sound like the tires are near new condition, but the tire damage is visible in the for sale thread pictures (2nd pic).

yes i see that now. before it just looked like a dark spot. but when i zoom the pic you can then tell the damage was there before he shipped them
Old Feb 11, 2009, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear sir. I def can't see it either in the original post pics.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evolution7GSR
sorry to hear sir. I def can't see it either in the original post pics.

you can if you know its there.. zoom into pic #2 in the 2nd post. its a few inches above and to the right of the A on azenis
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

wow . here are his emails

i drove on them and had no problems.i took the best pics i could.sorry but i dont know what i can do for you.you bought the wheels and tires for the tires and i assume you are going to sell the wheels. 550.00 for the wheels and tires and you sell the rims for 200.00 which is a rediculously lowball price even for track rims .so you have 350.00 tied up in 4 almost new tires that the absolute cheapest you can get is 115.00 each plus 15.00 shipping so 130.00 each x 4 equal 520.00 and you have a little more than that in the tires and rims.so you sell the rims and have 350.00 in tires that cost 520.00 so lets say one is no good (which is not the case but saying from your perspective is no good) take 130.00 from the 520.00 that leaves 380.00 if you bought 3 tires that 390.00 you still come out cheaper.i dont feel any obligation here.you are talking about a purely cosmetic defect.those tires have seen 155mph sustained with no loss in performance.please respond only if there is a problem with the integrity of the product i sold.thanks,keith

after that

This is hard to say without sounding rude but you would have to be ignorant of tire tread depths to say the tires i sold you had only 60% tread left. A tire comes new with 10/32nds tread depth, the azenis 615s come new with 8/32nds tread depth. I am certain the tires have 6 to 7/32nds tread depth which is well over 60%. The blemish is merely supperficial as stated and the reference to sustained high speed without a blowout or any noted dificulty was made to evidence the fact that the blemish is purely cosmetic. I made every effort to take extra pictures for you if you recall.i am insulted that you think the tires only have 60% tread on them and that only 2 are usable if that wasnt enough you state you need to get full set because you shouldnt run different tread depths on an awd car.look i a 39 years old and have owned numerous cars awd,fwd,rwd and 4wd if you count suvs. I am not an idiot and what you are saying would be suggesting otherwise. You bough a used product,if you wanted new you should have purchased new.i feel no obligation legal or otherwise to discuss this further.i am not willing to purchase you any new tires or refund any monies.i am very sorry that you have found this transaction unsatisfactory but i am of the oppinion you got a more than fair product per dollar value. If you are still displeased with the wheel tire set you should relist them. Their were others interested them.sincerely,keith

yes in this thread of him selling them. they are 60%
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...eels-sale.html
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

what a douche, put a claim, escalate it then show paypal the pics of that crap he sent you... he has got no class.... i hope he treats his next set of tires like that, and then they blow up on his face....
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...th-cannon.html

help me out guys
Old Feb 12, 2009, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

In the third picture in the for sale link you posted, you can clearly see the gouge in the sidewall. I think you're SOL on this one. Take it as an expensive lesson learned.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Timmay81
yes i see that now. before it just looked like a dark spot. but when i zoom the pic you can then tell the damage was there before he shipped them
I hear you, and agree - It's a lot easier to see the damage if you know what your looking for, also.. in good faith it should have been mentioned in the description. If I were selling them I would have noted that one tire has sidewall damage. I disagree with the seller that the damage is superficial. That damage is to the tire's core you can see the ribs of the tire. No way would I run those on the street or the track. I don't think they would pass inspection for tech or state inspection.

Whenever I buy a used product, I always ask myself. Why is the seller getting rid of these if they are so great. Generally I ask the seller, and alot can be learned from their response even if they lie.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

be careful you dont want to make the mistake of calling him an idiot. He has owned awd,fwd,rwd and 4wd CARS!!! ( i thought that was a curious argument to make )

Hope you get your money back.

Now, since the damage is clearly visible in the picture and the sellers language blatantly makes the tires sound new, could that be grounds for a ban from the marketplace forums? Any moderators around?
Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

what a di*^. I would say forget it and stop tryin to work with him and just file a paypal claim. regardless of what happens this guy wont sell much if anyone looks into his username. I just find this completely dishonest and disrespectful.(its a safety hazard) I just sold a pair of tires on the forums and would never misrepresent them like this guy did. gl with the problem, hopefully you get this resolved and this guy gets banned.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

Right in the pic with the gouge it reads, "reinforced" ...so you'll be fine.

ah, j/k. Get in touch with PayPal you'll get your money back.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

def. file a claim with paypal.