Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Wheelmax.com

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2003, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheelmax.com

Prices are great for a daily driver rim and use the stock rims for racing. Will any of their Generic rims work? Do they need spacers? Anybody have any luck with these rims?
Old Oct 29, 2003, 05:59 PM
Account Disabled

THEY ****ING SUCK!!!

Jsut called, them..

"what Car do you have sir??"

Lancer Evo...."

"we don't have a wheel that fits sir"

"ok, but..."

"Sorry sir, we do not have a wheel that fits"

"ok, but what..."

"Sorry Sir, we do not have a wheel that fits."

They are worthless, **** them.
Old Oct 29, 2003, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

wheelmax blows...go to www.wheelsnext.com
Old Oct 29, 2003, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

wheelsnext sucks too. they got the same report in the BBB as wheelmax, horrible. www.Whalentire.com r0x!
Old Oct 29, 2003, 07:47 PM

umiami80

almost the same experience i had with wheelmax.

me "i'll take a set of the Giovanna - Akita (White) w/ tires for $599 in a 4x114.3 bolt pattern."

them "for what car?"

me "a 2002 lancer oz"

them "we don't have them."

me "but it says in a 4x114.3 bolt pattern!"

them "we don't have them."

me (trying not to be pissed) "thanks." (dialtone)

-KwelX

edit to add company name
Old Oct 30, 2003, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

oh my god do not buy anything from them please!!!!! Customer service is the worst in the business period. Heres my story: So everything seems to go great, I call up asking for rims for my last car (00' celica gts) that I picked out online. He's like cool and puts in my order. The rims get to me but they are the wrong rims! But I like them anyway. So I decide to keep them and told the ups guy to leave. I put them on my car and guess what, only 16 lugnuts when I need 20. Oh what a day. I call them back and tell them whats up. The first person I talk to is like oh i didnt take your order, let me put you through to him. I talk to the 2nd guy who placed my order and he's like, oh you gotta talk to my boss. So I'm talking to the manager if you want to call it talking. I tell him the problem and right away he's like you have to talk to the guy that took your order. OMFG!!!! And he puts me on hold without letting me even say a word. I try calling back but no answer, just rings and rings. There are many horror storys like this all over the web. So I am not alone here. Wheel Max can suck my wee wee.
Old Oct 31, 2003, 08:21 AM

Wheelmax is just a barely legal scam. They ought to be out of business in my opinion. If you're looking for wheels, go through one of the site sponsors. It's too much money to just choose anybody on the internet.
Old Oct 31, 2003, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

when i was looking for rims, the guy i talked to was actually very helpful, i told him what rim i was looking for and he wanted to know the car, but knowing that they didnt cater to evos, i just told him the rim i wanted and he said that they guarantee all rims they sell to fit in writing, so i could buy the rims, but would have to sign a release waiver. and told me that his company has a policy to not recommend spacers.
Old Oct 31, 2003, 09:38 AM

Originally posted by mprtklr
when i was looking for rims, the guy i talked to was actually very helpful, i told him what rim i was looking for and he wanted to know the car, but knowing that they didnt cater to evos, i just told him the rim i wanted and he said that they guarantee all rims they sell to fit in writing, so i could buy the rims, but would have to sign a release waiver. and told me that his company has a policy to not recommend spacers.
Interesting. One of my peers with a 350Z went through Wheelmax to buy Volks and they sold him the wrong offsets. This was after the sales rep assured him they had the right offsets and sizing for the Z. The wheels were way too slim and the offsets were way too high. He mounted them, realized they were wrong, and Wheelmax refused to take them back or even entertain the thought of a refund. In my opinion, that is fraudulent and dishonest.

Here is their report from the Better Business Bureau:

http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/n...33000027003450

And an excerpt:

Customer Experience
Based on BBB files this company has an unsatisfactory record.
Specifically our files show a pattern of failure to eliminate
basic cause of complaints regarding refunds as promised and a
pattern of no replies to customer complaints brought to its
attention by the Bureau.
Old Oct 31, 2003, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a set of wheels from wheelmax and they were a big head ace to make them fit. I had to add spacer and change to longer wheel studs. Good thing is that they payed for the parts needed to make the wheels fit. The wheels are nice and lighter that stock and they are 18"
Old Oct 31, 2003, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

I ordered axis se7ens from them for my last car... no problems whatsoever, got the rims right away, free shipping...
Old Oct 31, 2003, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

www.wheeloptions.com
www.wheelchoice.com

Try those two, they usually have it all, Volk, Work, Ralli-Art, Advan, you name it.

Greg
Old Oct 31, 2003, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

anyone ever use

www.importhookup.com

?

they have some sort of deal with wheeloptions.com and get great deals on volk rims shipped at like 2100 for 18x7.5
Old Nov 1, 2003, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

why would anyone buy 7.5" rims for an evo/ i mean stock is 8, why would actually go smaller? at least stay with the same size or go bigger
Old Nov 1, 2003, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
tirerack.com!

Quick Reply: Wheelmax.com