Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

quick question (rear swaybar)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2005, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick question (rear swaybar)

I just bought and am about to install the Cusco rear swaybar. I was wondering what am i going to notice handling wise with this new mod. i have read a lot of the threads about suspension and i eventually want to do coilovers and such, and i do know the evo handling is great as it is. but i was wondering what am i going to feel different with this part and some of the others i am planning on getting in the future (front swaybar, ver1 and ver 2 cusco lower arm bars, rear and front strut bars and eventually coilovers) if any of you great knowledgeable ppl on this forum could help me out with this i would be most appreciative.

thanks in advance

-ED
Old Jan 11, 2005, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your rear end will be less prone to body roll which means the rear tires will be more responsible for grip in the corners than they are now since the suspension will stand for less movement. This means they will reach their limits sooner. What you will notice is that it is easier to oversteer your car as a result. You can adjust this tendency with the adjustable holes of the Cusco (and Hotchkis which I recommend).
Old Jan 11, 2005, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Just be really careful when you are driving in the rain or snow. The car will tend to oversteer with a larger/stiffer rear swaybar.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for the replies guys
Old Jan 11, 2005, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

You'll be able to throw your back end out easier in general and depending on the setting. The ride will feel a bit more complete.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

I have it at the middle setting with stock springs/shocks, with the cusco type II front lower brace, and its definitelly a neutral feeling, sometimes a little oversteer if the ground is wet. You should definitelly get the sway bar if you really want to be able to push the evo even more