Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

suspension/brake best setup?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2005, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suspension/brake best setup?

Please help! $5K sitting around to buy the best setup possible. Car is at 423 whp. Suspension mods include Perrin 29mm rear sway bar and end links, goodridge ss brake lines, front and rear sway bars (with triangulating braces) and . . . . zip. Looking for go and show but would like to stay with the stock calipers. Ride quality as far as comfort, throw it out the window(while it would be nice to have a comfort ride {barf} I want the best handling possible). Handling and appearance are all I want. I drive extremely aggressive on the street and race on the track. Looking for coilovers, rotors, pads and other lower suspension products to make the car handle and look good. Actually looking at the Tein HT tarmacs coilovers, cusco (type 1 and 2) braces and as far as rotors and pads can not make up my mind. Any help at all would be appreciated. Think performance, then looks and feel free to rip me a new arsehole on anything I've mentioned above as long as you can give me some constructive comments as to why I should go a certain way. I can spend more but would like to keep it under control within reason. I have 2 months to get this accomplished for the start of the race/show season. Thanks in advance bro's and sisters?
Old Jan 28, 2005, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

As far as suspension Tien coilovers with the electronic adjustment(good for track and street), Brembo now makes a crossdrilled factory fitting rotor(good for weight savings and heat dissapation), and get a good brake pad like hawk, but be careful. Some pads are so good at slowing speeds down they actually eat the rotors(can get costly). Hope this helps.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 10:56 AM

Ok 5k..
Buy a set of zeal function x coils...
they rock and actually ride good but give you CRAZY HANDLING

And then i would get endless rotors and endless brake pads.. SSS i think they are...
With that combo you are sure to kick some major butt

Also i believe endless makes 2 piece rotors for our car that works w/ the stock brembo application.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

You really should try a search......