Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tire Wear

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2005, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Wear

I have 6000 miles on my evo with the stock tires. I noticed the wear is very bad on the front driver side. The inside and the outside it wore and the middle part of the tire is fine. The same thing has happened on the other tire but no where as bad. Just curious if anyone has had this happen to them and what did they do to fix it.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 12:01 PM

If you just daily drive your car that type of wear is normally caused by low air pressure. Did you check your pressure regularly or know what was ran? It's always possible you had a leak that went unoticed too.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 12:06 PM

checked the air pressure and the air pressure was fine. The dealership are going to balance the tires and do an alignment but they are not sure if thats going to fix it or not.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 03:00 PM

If it's identical wear on each edge, then I guess it's possible your camber change under hard cornering could do it, depends on what kind of driver you are. If it looks like the tire is becoming rounded or "cupped" that normally signifies camber. But if toe is out all over the place, it can cause some strange wear. Give an update after the dealer checks out your alignment. At the auto center I work at, I have seen at least a few car where alignment was way off, right off the dealership lot.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 04:30 PM

I got it back from the dealership and the camber was off by .3 on the left side and off by .4 on the right side. Also on the right side the caster was off by .2 and the toe off by .01. The caster was also off by .1 on the left. The front cross camber was off by .2 and the cross toe was off by .3 and the total toe was at .03. The rear was all messed up also. I had put in my other post that the air pressure was good but I went and asked the dealership that fixed it and the guy there said that by it being off by 2 pounds that with all the other stuff it would mess it up also. Now I just have to get a new tire.