Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

tired question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2005, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tired question

It's been asked like a zillion times but here goes anyway. I just switched from volk gt-7 18x9 245/40/18 Nitto NT-555(which I thought were horrendous compared to stock). I am getting new volk le37t 18x8.5 and will be going back to 235 width(had a rubbing issue with passengers in the back during hard cornering. Anyway definitely don't want nitto tires. Thought about the toyo ra-1 but it is not realistic to drive on 9 months a year and expect it to last for two years. So I have had pilot sports before and they were ok. I am iffy about the potenza so-3's(heard good and bad) and was hoping if anyone had any insight into what the best tire would be the best to last at least 10,000 miles or if anyones knows if i can get an a046 in 18" wheel size. That tire is great and I miss the feeling I had when I first test drove my evo with those tires.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the kumho 712 supras are really nice for dry traction since they're directional. Should last about 15K.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i had those on my gs-t and was impressed with them thanks i forgot about those, although i have forgotten a lot about my beloved gs-t since i got my evo