Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Clunk Clunk Clunkity Clunk

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2005, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok then, please help; any suggestions?

Im lowerd on Teind S-Techs. I have noticed latley that when I am stopping quickly or I am making a turn slowly there is kind of this sqeaking clunking noise. Also when I am rolling slowly over small bumps(cracks in the road) I mean real slow maybe 2-3 mph every once in a while I can hear kind of a hollow clunking noise. Sound maybe like a bump stop hitting the top of something or rubber hitting metal. I have ho idea what it is. I spent 80 buck at the local shop for them to look and they said a broken motor mount. I looked and didnt see any broken motor mount but i am no expert.(These same guys wanted to charge me 1100 buck for a brake pad change) so I really didn't listen to them.

Any ideas fellas?

Last edited by YEVOVIII; May 10, 2005 at 01:45 PM.
Old May 11, 2005, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HA, figures
Old May 11, 2005, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have herd of a few local guys and friends having this issue and they are found out that it was a blown strut 2 being front right and 1 front left...... i would go that route doest really sound like a motor mount to me...