Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tire pressure?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2005, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire pressure?

without looking I think the air pressure recommendation is 32 fr/29 Rear.

what do you guys use.. they were all set at 35 when after i got the oil changed at the dealer..

what should I have them at.. what do you recommend?

thanks
E.b.

p.s. this is for my MR (if that makes a difference)
Old May 22, 2005, 01:45 AM
Evolving Member

32/32 or 34/32 f/r
Old May 22, 2005, 05:19 AM
Evolving Member

The most important factor to tire life is the alignment. I wouldn't be afraid of running as much negative camber as you can get in the front, but watch the toe; close to 0 front is ideal. A little toe-in in the rear is OK, a little toe-out helps with Autocross transitions.

I went with 35f/32r on the stock Advans because I noticed that the inner and outer tread blocks were wearing more than the centers; now at 10,000 miles, they are evenly worn and are now effectively "shaved" to 4/32s- perfect for next week's Autocrosses!

I would be careful with changing the pressure differential between the fronts and rears on the street; having the rears close to the pressure in the fronts tends to cause oversteer. At the Autocross, I leave a 2 psi differential on faster courses, and a 1 psi differential or equal pressures on tighter courses where I need more rotation; on the street, you might get in trouble with equal pressures front and rear. I once left the Autocross without letting the air back down (42f/41r) and had a nice tail-out slide beating a 350z around an on ramp.
Old May 22, 2005, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eatonjb
without looking I think the air pressure recommendation is 32 fr/29 Rear.

what do you guys use.. they were all set at 35 when after i got the oil changed at the dealer..

what should I have them at.. what do you recommend?

thanks
E.b.

p.s. this is for my MR (if that makes a difference)
do you mean for the track or for the street or what? Stock suspension settings? Stock tires?
Old May 22, 2005, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can change the psi for your driving style just keep the back tires with less than the front to help your rear get better traction. I'm running 32f 30r on stock suspension, if you autocross I would raise it to 34f 32r.
Old May 22, 2005, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by dyuyeno
do you mean for the track or for the street or what? Stock suspension settings? Stock tires?
stock susspension.. on an MR, and street normal driving use