Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tires......when the time comes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2003, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tires......when the time comes

this one goes out especilly to thoes with dealer connections, any idea on the cost of replacing the tires. since yokahama does not even have them on their site, i guess u would have to get them from Mitsu. Also do they come iwth a roadhazard warrrenty witht he new car?
Old Mar 15, 2003, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

if you are buying them through you can bet they will cost an arm and a leg. i'm sure they will be available through tire rack in time, so i wouldn't worry about getting a good deal on them when the time comes, personally i will be using these wheels for some sweet blizzack tires when winter rolls around and upgrade the rims next spring...
Old Mar 15, 2003, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

There are a million tires out there in that size, gotta be on crack to buy tires through the dealer.

Kumho ECSTA's are the best kept secret on the planet....stupid cheep and they ROCK!
Old Mar 15, 2003, 11:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yea, we looked the other day and dealer replacement cost is about $350 a tire. I'd recommend something else, other than those, unless you have the money and want the performance.

I'm planning on replacing my Yoko's with Sumitomo HTRZ II's or the Kuhmo ECSTA's. Not sure yet.
Old Mar 15, 2003, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Who has ever bought tires from the dealer? I thought everyone knew never to buy stuff like that at the dealer. When you need new tires, buy a car magazine, look tires prices up in there then make a tire place price match. You shouldnt pay more than 140 bucks for each tire (IMO) .
Old Mar 16, 2003, 04:18 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, my replacements are either going to be the Kuhmo Ecsta MXs or the Bridgetone S-03. The S-03s are a bit more expensive, but they are incredible tires too. I think for the 235/45/17 size they run about $160.