Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Low Profile

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2005, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low Profile

let say i have 2 tire choice: everything is the same except the profile is lower.

255/40/17 and 255/35/17

which one would be better?
Old Nov 12, 2005, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Old Nov 12, 2005, 12:22 PM
Former Sponsor

40 would give you more sidewall which would give you more traction. Plus there 17's so I would go 40.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

I would also assume the 35 will get you quicker as the diameter is smaller and the tire would be slightly lighter. However, I would make sure that you've got enough sidewall to protect your rims under high load conditions. A smaller aspect ratio will also give you a harsher ride most of the time. Personally, I would get the 40 if you plan on driving your car hard w/ no worries. Oh what tire are you going with and what purpose?

P.S. bcmind, can you do us all a BIG favor and post your impressions on the Energy Suspension bushing kit. I'm mainly interested in the noise level and the ride harshness vs. the performance gain.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by QAT-R
I would also assume the 35 will get you quicker as the diameter is smaller and the tire would be slightly lighter. However, I would make sure that you've got enough sidewall to protect your rims under high load conditions. A smaller aspect ratio will also give you a harsher ride most of the time. Personally, I would get the 40 if you plan on driving your car hard w/ no worries. Oh what tire are you going with and what purpose?

P.S. bcmind, can you do us all a BIG favor and post your impressions on the Energy Suspension bushing kit. I'm mainly interested in the noise level and the ride harshness vs. the performance gain.
It's a daily drive so I guess I would go with the 40s.

I'm waiting on the tires decision. Once I got the tires and I'll hook up with RRE to install all the part in "Soon to come" section on the signature.

Will let you know how it feel afterward (RRE sway+bushing+alignment)...