Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

im considering new brake pads...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im considering new brake pads...

The stock brembo ones are nice but i cant stand the BRAKE DUST!?!?! i wash my car and 2 days later of street driving and my wheels are bronze!!! i dont need powdercoat my wheels anymore what brand is good for street but also can take abuse at the track cuz i plan future visits to streets of willow or cali speedway...thanks guys...oh and is there anyway of preventing our calipers from turning into that poop brown color? iv seen all the evos that track... and it just makes me
Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evo racing
The stock brembo ones are nice but i cant stand the BRAKE DUST!?!?! i wash my car and 2 days later of street driving and my wheels are bronze!!! i dont need powdercoat my wheels anymore what brand is good for street but also can take abuse at the track cuz i plan future visits to streets of willow or cali speedway...thanks guys...oh and is there anyway of preventing our calipers from turning into that poop brown color? iv seen all the evos that track... and it just makes me
basically, there are some that "can do both", but they're not great at either, i'd tell you to invest in a street set of pads, and a track set.

And just drive your car super easy, it's easy to keep them red

Come to think about it, maybe it's the tires, if you stay on street tires, maybe you won't be able to overheat the pads, because your tires will be too greasy

I actually like the brake dust on the oem pads, makes my MR BBS's look a little darker
Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Almost dust free:
EBC greenstuff - street use only.
Endless SSM - street use only. Supposed to be better than EBC
Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hawk hps pads. very low dust, much quieter than stock pads with better bite cold or hot. had them on my 03 and when its time to switch pads on my IX i,m going back to the hawks. you,ll love them