Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

d2 or tein?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2008, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the words of encouragement GTworx, i really do appreciate that, and i apologize for my room-mates haste in makeing accusatory remarks and jumping the gun before actually knowing what it is that you do. you have a PM by the way.
And i plan on learning as much as i can about suspensions and the theory behind while i am here in afghanistan, when i get back i am planning on enrolling in either UTI or Wyotech for theyre automotive engineering courses, and am taking physics classes online at the moment. seems to be helping actually. lol but n e ways thanks for clearing the air on that one. No hard feelings?
Scorke........ aids or cancer? ooooooooooooo nevermind i get it. lol im slow, just got off a 12 hour shift at work.
well n e ways thanks GTWorx, hope to learn alot from hangin around the forums.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 07:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
PMed you back....hope you keep hangin around!

- Andrew
Old Oct 19, 2009, 07:22 AM
Account Disabled

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but Andrew since you seem to be the guy to know suspensions pretty well.

As I'm reading all I is D2's, k-sports, Tein, etc.. All jdm crap..

There's gotta be some good suspension out there for the evo, feed me the knowledge.

For example, on the prelude koni yellows/ground control was the popular and about the best suspension out there for the reasonable price.

Now if you wanted to step it up you could go with penske shocks and a custom spring but then your looking at about $5000 in a suspension setup.

Koni race shocks were also popular at a pretty price of $500 a shock.

What spring rates do you guys normally run for street use and track use?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 07:23 AM
Account Disabled

EDIT- Double post

Last edited by EVO8GIXXER6; Oct 19, 2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 04:44 PM

^^ I know the owner of D2 USA, so if you have any problems/need help hit me up.

I personally ran Stance GR+ on my 240.

Last edited by fromxtor; Oct 22, 2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 04:49 PM
Account Disabled

Will see what i end up going with. The way they talk about these coilovers on this forum is the same way we talked about them on my prelude forum. The spring rates were high and the damping wasnt good.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

but i really think it also may come down on driving habits and the shop that installs them... i had d2s on my 3gen eclipse and blew one of the the shocks, took it to the shop got it replaced and never had a problem again. My brother had teins basic on his lancer and never had a problem... is all a matter of personal preference and how deep your pockets are IMHO
Old Oct 22, 2009, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old Oct 22, 2009, 07:02 PM
Account Disabled

Shop that installs them, WTF, there easy to install and pretty straight forward. lol

The pics above are pretty rare and more then likely is a 1 out of million chance of happening but thats besides the point. Put them on actual suspension dyno and see how they perform.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO8GIXXER6
Shop that installs them, WTF, there easy to install and pretty straight forward. lol

The pics above are pretty rare and more then likely is a 1 out of million chance of happening but thats besides the point. Put them on actual suspension dyno and see how they perform.
Well not everyone likes to do or can do everything on their own, that's why I said it also depends on how deep your pockets are...
Old Oct 23, 2009, 05:23 AM
Evolving Member

I don't own an EVO yet, but when I had my TSX, I had no clue how to do it until I watched a friend of mines do my TEINs. Then when I sold those and bought Buddy Clubs, I was able to do it myself. Then When I got rid of those, I was able to install the stock suspension myself. It all takes time and comes with experience. Some people rather spend the money to have people do it because 1) they dont know how, or 2) they dont have the time, 3) no tools

Last edited by Not4Sale; Oct 23, 2009 at 06:14 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 06:28 AM

^^not4sale that is what happens when someone hits a curb, metal just doesn't snap like that.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:29 PM
Account Disabled

Exactly...

Well when i said wtf to the comment, "depends on who installs in it". No it doesnt. Theres only one way to install it.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

I hit a curb doing 40km/h (I'm in Canada) in the snow and my wheels were turned and I hit a curb. Most damage done was I bent my rim. It was in an 08 TSX btw, and alignment was still good. I was running Tein Basics at the time. So this dude must have hit the curb REALLY hard, or simply the suspension is crap.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 02:14 PM

^^ I think the owner drifted into a curb, funny how the pic of the car wasn't posted.

Looks like he has some serious neg camber going on there, I would venture to say more than just his shock broke when that happened. Whats even more ironic is that picture was taken on my 26th birthday.

Last edited by fromxtor; Oct 30, 2009 at 02:16 PM.

Quick Reply: d2 or tein?