Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

need help. surface cracking on rotors, need new setup

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2011, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help. surface cracking on rotors, need new setup

So I have 23k on my IX mr and the OEM rotors have surface cracks on them. So I need a new setup. I don't race or auto x but I do give her some work and she is a DD. I was looking into the et500's for pads but I need a suitable rotor. I'm thinking slotted. Any help fore a good setup that would be suitable for performance but have good wear. Thanks fellas
Old Feb 26, 2011, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Seems awful strange for your rotors to be cracking with no tracking involved. Are you still on the oe pads? Post a pic if you could?

As far as replacement pads and rotors, they're so many options out there.. What kind of money are you looking to spend? If you just want replacement rotors, I recommend Centric Premiums. If you want something a little nicer, you could try DBA 4000's.. Check Smike's sticky on rotors, pads and brake lines, all kinds of good info in there.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 07:02 PM
pao
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ilikeboost
So I have 23k on my IX mr and the OEM rotors have surface cracks on them. So I need a new setup. I don't race or auto x but I do give her some work and she is a DD. I was looking into the et500's for pads but I need a suitable rotor. I'm thinking slotted. Any help fore a good setup that would be suitable for performance but have good wear. Thanks fellas
meh don't feel too bad. mine cracked around 30k because pebbles/rocks got stuck in them...
Old Mar 7, 2011, 05:26 PM

dba 400 are a great choice. no problems here. also go a sweetdeal a while back on mine with pads from ebay. no complaints from me.