Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Anyone have Ohlins DFV Owner's manual and installation/set-up guide?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2012, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone have Ohlins DFV Owner's manual and installation/set-up guide?

Just picked these up used and didn't get any of the booklets etc. Does anyone know where I can find them online? I searched high and low and can only find the manuals for the motorcycle stuff.

Hoping someone has all the booklets as I am going to be installing them today. Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2012, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I do, but unless you speak Japanese it'll be as useless to you as it is to me. The install is straight forward and you'll want to get your car corner balanced. Adjust settings as desired.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Are they DFVs or road and track? I have my road and track booklets.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Deeman please post them. There is very little difference between the DFV (2007-2010 production) and the new R&T. All the dimensions for the install are the same.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Ok so slight problem with that....its not at my current location . You'd have to wait 2 weeks before I can get them and post them. I'm 90% sure I don't have it on me right now. What exactly did you want to know anyways? I've disassembled/reassembled installed/uninstalled my c/o enough times. Maybe I can help.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

I got a few questions:

1) What is the torque setting for the allen head bolts that clamp the front height adjuster/bracket?

2) What is the torque settings for the top nuts for the front and for the rear? And how are you supposed to use a torque wrench on it when you have to have an allen head key in there?

3) Preload on the spring is supposed to be added by turning the bottom collar rather than using the top nut correct? Because then you are adding spring preload without shortening the stroke of the piston.

4) What is the torque setting for the top camber plate allen head bolts?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
I got a few questions:

1) What is the torque setting for the allen head bolts that clamp the front height adjuster/bracket?

Don't remember, but I know its a low number. Something in the 15lb/ftish region.

2) What is the torque settings for the top nuts for the front and for the rear? And how are you supposed to use a torque wrench on it when you have to have an allen head key in there?

There is a range that you can have them in. I chose the middle of the range. And my front I torqued to 29lb/ft and the rear to 20ishlb/ft. You need to use a crow's foot adapter to use a torque wrench. Or if you trust your hands then just guesstimate it....its not that high.

3) Preload on the spring is supposed to be added by turning the bottom collar rather than using the top nut correct? Because then you are adding spring preload without shortening the stroke of the piston.

The manual specifies 2mm of spring compression using the bottom collar to compress the spring. So it goes from 100mm to 98mm. Thats the factory preload.

4) What is the torque setting for the top camber plate allen head bolts?

Again, its low. But I don't remember exactly. I'd guess something like 20 to 35lb/ft.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Got the Owners Manual from Performance Shock Inc. Got all the info I need to know, so now it's on to the fun part Thanks guys!
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:19 AM

https://www.ohlins.eu/download/db/Oh...--00000142.pdf
I know this is an old thread but just found this and am posting for posterity.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 04:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
Deeman please post them. There is very little difference between the DFV (2007-2010 production) and the new R&T. All the dimensions for the install are the same.
There are lots of difference between the DFV and the R&T. I dont know why they switched named 2 times, but there is an old R&T which has fixed body length and the newest version which seems to be a cost reduction of the DFV. In my case, I had to figure out how to make the various Ohlin parts work with all of them, and also the Flag version (double adjustable).