Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

PSRS on the street?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
PSRS on the street?

Is anybody using the PSRS in places with salt on the roads in the winter?

How are they holding up?
Old May 13, 2012, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
We only switched to salt here last winter so I'll have something better for you in 2/3 winters
Old May 13, 2012, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
I accidently bought the zero offset version but I learned that those bushings are made out of metal with a metal spherical type bushing in the center. I had originally thought that the body of the bushings were polyurethane but that is not the case. They are heavy so they could be made out of billet aluminium or steel.

It would seem that with its components, as long as they are lubricated, they should last quite awhile since these bushings are mainly for caster adjustments.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I don't see any real way to lock in lubrication and lock out contaminants on them or I wouldn't be too worried about it. I'm looking for somebody that uses them in the winter and has inspected them to see how they are holding up.

I've got a set of control arms with the offset PSRS, spherical bearings in the front joint, and Whiteline RCK installed and ready to go. The car scope has changed though and I'm debating if these will end up in it or just some stock control arms as the car may end up being used in the winter now.
Old May 15, 2012, 02:11 PM
vd
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I installed PSRS 2 years and 33kkm (20kmiles) ago and had no problem with them yet. Our roads are ugly and we have all kinds of **** on 'em, especially in the winter. The car is daly driven, as well as taken to the local tracks.
Old May 15, 2012, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didmt realize this.. I guess I will be spraying them down with grease and crown yearly