Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Bilstein HD's

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 05:58 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by PatricksEvilEvo
99% of my driving next season on is going to be track use, I'm doing a lot of work this winter. I can definitely afford KW's this winter as well.
Patrick, you need to defined what "track use" actually means. Then, you need to tell DJ which tires you'll be running, as a start, and how the car behaves ATM and under which conditions. Then there's the matter of your driving style and skill level.

When I see posts like yours, my first inclination is to say that you shouldn't mod anything. If you're a track *****, then we don't have to tell you what parts you need. You know. If you're not, then get some real seat time before altering the car's handling. Good luck.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an 06 MR and i need one new front strut. Could I run my stock MR BILSTEIN on one side and a BILSTEIN HD on the other or would that mess something up? I know it would be better to get two HD's but my MR strut is brand new and I am broke. So I just need a cheap way to replace one strut. Thx for any help you can send my way.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FJF
Patrick, you need to defined what "track use" actually means. Then, you need to tell DJ which tires you'll be running, as a start, and how the car behaves ATM and under which conditions. Then there's the matter of your driving style and skill level.

When I see posts like yours, my first inclination is to say that you shouldn't mod anything. If you're a track *****, then we don't have to tell you what parts you need. You know. If you're not, then get some real seat time before altering the car's handling. Good luck.
My driving style is very aggressive, I don't mind sacrificing comfort for better handling. When I say track I mean drag, autox and road coarses. The only time it's gonna see roads next season is the rare occasional Friday night summer cruise and that's it, no city driving or potholes to deal with. I believe if I'm not 100% happy with the way it handles now I'm better off making a change sooner than later so I can take the time to learn and get fully comfortable with whatever setup I decide to stick with. This Bilstein/Spec-R setup has great responce and handling, I'm just looking for slightly stiffer all around along with adjustability and camber/caster plates. I've never driven on KW's but I have driven on HKS coilovers and it felt all around better to me, a lot more aggressive. They matched my driving style better than the Bilsteins.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 09:15 PM

But do you think it's enough of a difference to mess up the balance of my car by having one MR strut and on HD strut in the front?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:03 AM

I've had these on for about a month now and absolutely dig the new set up. I ran Megan Street coilovers before these, they were ok but the hd/swifts is what I was looking for.