Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Leaking shock? AND dead ball joint?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2012, 02:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leaking shock? AND dead ball joint?

Ok well, on my way back home today i noticed i have this sudden sticking sound coming from the front right. Has nothing to do with steering position, but when i hit a bump (small or large) i get a this sound.

So today i check my suspension over (had tein coilovers, changed to fortune auto ones as the tein rears were knocking). I adjusted them all correctly, preload etc etc. Now the rear is PERFECT, but the front still has that sudden knock noise and the front left now has a hissing noise if i go over a large bump (during the piston return, ie extension).

So i checked the ball joint by trying to rotate the wheel with the steering locked. no movement, lateral or longitudinally (so not wheel bearing either). Checked drive shaft boots and ball joint boot. They look basically new lol.

So no idea. any advice? Also regarding the front left shock, does that hissing noise mean theyre leaking possibly? They are brand new

Much appreciated (Evo 8 JDM btw)